Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Keep 'em tired and hungry. That's my motto. Panama Bob Cuenca.

hpim2416q.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I got my Vintage Dunlap from ebay. I own a couple of stingys and ive really been getting into the bigger brimmed hats, but when I saw this one, I knew I had to have it. It kind of reminds me of a mini whippet. The fur felt is EXTREAMLY soft and high quality. In case you guys cant tell from the photos, the hat is absolutely MINT, except for the fact that the silk liner is no longer with the hat. I know that there was one at one time because underneath the sweat band, you can see the tape when the liner was attached too. The flash made the hat look charcoal colored, but it is actually pitch black. Everything about the hat is high quality. The stiching, the ribbon, the ribbon edge, the softness of the fur felt. Its my favorite black hat. Heres some pics, Enjoy:

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03232.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
daizawaguy, thank you for the picture of your VS Mojave. I can see that it is a color that I could use. Seeing the color already made up and on someone's head (yours in this case) is a big help to me, and perhaps others. You are always blazing the path for others to follow Sir!

Hopefully your young one there will grow up with an appreciation of the fine hat on this head.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dreispitz said:
Unreeded 50ies? Borsalino. Made for the Swiss market, shipped to Germany from the Low Countries, this week.

That is a great hat. That is my kind of hat. Good color match too on the clothes--makes the hat work. Where did you get it? What's the actual brim size--looks 3 inches. Also what does "unreeded" mean?

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
I always enjoy seeing the Zapf!

Also great Borsalino!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you, Steve!

It was quite windy and we had some rain. So the Zapf was in it´s natural elements.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
danofarlington said:
That is a great hat. That is my kind of hat. Good color match too on the clothes--makes the hat work. Where did you get it? What's the actual brim size--looks 3 inches. Also what does "unreeded" mean?

Dano,

found it at EBAY Holland. The brim is just right with 2,55" . For "reeded" vs. "unreeded" see this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari