Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Wildblue said:
Sadly, this will have to be my last contribution for a while. I'm on my way out the door to Iraq for a year--not much style going on there, and our "hats" there are decidedly boring. Decided to go classic and "high-class" at church for the last day before leaving.

IMG_1515.jpg

Good Luck Wildblue. We all hope you have a safe trip and return quickly.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Rlk, just have to say I'm lovin' these last two avatars/hat ads of yours...:) Especially this Mossant ad with grey fedora and the puppy dog with his ears up!

rlk said:
4681862735_84044c60e3.jpg

Dimensional brim. No re-shaping, hat blocks or anxiety. Any natural product would be soaked.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Just like educating you on grits, we have to educate you on proper Southern lingo. WHOOP is what the Native American warriors do as they circled the wagon trains = a whooping & a hollering. WHUP is the word associated with a whipping. Whip, Whap, Whup.... now get it right before I open a serious can of Whup Ass, even if you are chained to a tree!!!! :eek: :D

lol lol You may be on to something cause in the second game we got whupped.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Out for a dog walk and stopped in front of John Dick's Guitar Shop to snap a pic in my usual, for these days, PB Cuenca.

hpim2499k.jpg

Here's John working on 'one of two' for the Katona Twins.

hpim2500m.jpg

At some point during the braggadocio between classical guitars and Fedoras, John asked me if I new anyone who could re-block a hat. Well now...

He left to retrieve an old Stetson, which apparently he could not find but look what he came back with!

hpim2505.jpg

hpim2504.jpg

A very dusty Gay Prince!

John recalled that this hat belonged to an Uncle. He had no idea what it was until I pointed out the Gay Prince logo. :eek: :D lol

It's marked 7 1/4 under the sweat band but fits more like a small 7 1/8. I told John that if it would have fit me I would have made an offer. This one will apparently, at least for the time being, remain as is - a family heirloom.

I'll be checking back for news on the old Stetson.

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Today I'm sporting my custom VS 'Conformer', a very trendy hat made from a rare transparent 'bits of plastic' material. It has a wide brim, and an extremely subtle bash in the crown (if you can tell me what it is you win +10 points).

However, I'm not sure what style of clothing I should wear to match this hat when out and about..

*on a more serious note, how you find it sits on my head? A smidgen too low on the forehead maybe?*

img0005nx.jpg

img0008rwl.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The Lark said:
Today I'm sporting my custom VS 'Conformer', a very trendy hat made from a rare transparent 'bits of plastic' material. It has a wide brim, and an extremely subtle bash in the crown (if you can tell me what it is you win +10 points).

However, I'm not sure what style of clothing I should wear to match this hat when out and about..

*on a more serious note, how you find it sits on my head? A smidgen too low on the forehead maybe?*

img0005nx.jpg

img0008rwl.jpg

For me, Sir, it`s too low. Too far down at the back in my opinion. It`s only me - as I like my hats higher up.

Have a look in a mirror again, and imagine where you would be wearing your hat, or better still, wear a hat first and see where it sits...

It`s all about the size where the hat sits...

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Lark,

Here are my two hats, which could hardly feel more different on my head.

IMAG0017.jpg

Borsalino Alessandria in 7-3/4 (taupe)

IMAG0015.jpg

Borsalino Astuccio in 7-5/8 (steel gray)

The Alessandria is my everyday hat, at least for three seasons. I like the way it blocks the sun and it feels like sort of being set apart a little from everything around me. I always have the sense of wearing a hat, whether I like that or not depends on my mood at the time. The Astuccio is my summer hat and travel hat, I've started calling it "my cool hat" because it really does feel cooler on warm day plus it's a rather cool shade of gray as opposed to the warmer tone of my Alessandria.

For my part, those two pictures bracket the absolute lowest and absolutely highest that I would ever want a hat to fit on my head. I find that which hat I prefer both depends on my mood and affects my mood if that makes any sense. Hope this helps...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Have a guess...

mallory_06_09_10b.jpg

Great Pic Mario. I have a question, Im sure that you've been asked this a thousand times, what size brim does your three favorite hats have? Also what kind of crown do you use? A diamond with a center raise? Out of all the hats on the forum, your hats always have the look that I try to achieve but never seem to pull off.

kiltie

Practically Family
Joshbru3 said:
Great Pic Mario. I have a question, Im sure that you've been asked this a thousand times, what size brim does your three favorite hats have? Also what kind of crown do you use? A diamond with a center raise? Out of all the hats on the forum, your hats always have the look that I try to achieve but never seem to pull off.

If I may be so bold, Mario wears his hats, and not the other way around. I think that's 90% of what you're seeing. Whatever advice or other information he may impart, it's hard to pull that off without simply wearing the hat.
And the hats do look sharp, Mario. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany