Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1070348.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:

WOW Dinerman, thats an awesome picture. The angle, background, colors, and just everything about it scream vintage. If the picture was in black and white with a little sephia tint to it, i wouldnt be able to tell if it were taken now or back in the 40's. Well done. Beautiful hat and really nice jacket. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's a fairly inexpensive treated straw, very similar to what they make "straw" cowboy hats out of these days. The sweatband really gives away the quality- it's not good real leather, but its better than the glorified cardboard I've seen in other vintage cheap straws. What makes this hat unusual in my opinion is the gray color of the finish and venting. It doesn't breathe terribly well with the waterproof finish, so the vents are a necessity. Regardless, nice blocking and a good looking tight weave.

The theater's the old Silver Theater in Silver Spring, MD. They restored it a couple years back and it now houses the American Film Institute. I went to see the movie "Ran"

A very similar one I sold a couple years back, with different markings.
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
WineGuy said:
Do you have any detail photos of it you could post, I've been toying with the idea of getting a semi-colado from PB and want to start seeing the range.

An easy choice Sir - either diagonal or patterned, or both!, and blocked by Art naturally

April2010010.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I keep looking at this one. The whiskey is a great color, well done!

Thanks, Rusty! (and Bolt and rlk ;)). And yes, Robert, although Bodie has me on a short leash, he is letting me use the computer again. Man, that's the last time I don't bring him to FedoraFest! :eek: :D

Some great photos yesterday and today, Gents. :eusa_clap Dinerman -- great vibe in that photo. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Dallas...

I was lucky enough to find this one a couple of years back in mint, open-crown condition. It is one of my favorite lids -- the Premier Quality Pliafelt is just a gorgeous felt. Although the style is clearly related to Stetson's Open Road, the 2 5/8" brim and crown proportion actually serve to give this lid a different feel.

MallDall.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Dreispitz

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Great hat...what is that!? Great grosgrain colour!

The material can easily be mistaken for linen. It is handwoven straw from a village in Equador where dwarfs eat magic mushrooms and weave in new moon nights .... (satire!!!)

Here is a better close-up

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Dallas...

I was lucky enough to find this one a couple of years back in mint, open-crown condition. It is one of my favorite lids -- the Premier Quality Pliafelt is just a gorgeous felt. Although the style is clearly related to Stetson's Open Road, the 2 5/8" brim and crown proportion actually serve to give this lid a different feel.

MallDall.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Sharp one Jimmy. But this is a great contender for the Douglas thread:D

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Dallas...

MallDall.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
FANTASTIC!
I love my Dallas, just wish it was in better shape.
I have found I like the 'style' of the Dallas better than the vintage Open Roads.
I have had several Open Roads and two Mallory's, the shape of both of the Dallas fedoras were IMHO better.
BUT... the bow on the side of both of mine was stitched kinda high. [huh]

p.s. let me add... I think the 2 5\8s brim is the best on you by far.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have one similar...

.....to this one as well.
IMG_0389.jpg

Mine is a Sea Spray, and it has the ventilation on top instead of the sides.

SeaSpray4.jpg

SeaSpray1.jpg

SeaSpray5.jpg

SeaSpray2.jpg

SeaSpray3.jpg

Sorry, my intentions were not to hijack DM's post, just a comparison. [huh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member