Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many great hats!

Dieter, You are the Bowler King! Super!

Wade, The black Nolstagia is a knock out!

Hatophile, Fantastic swoop going on the HtH!

Herzen, Sharp VS Sahara! Brim up!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Indeed, Alan! Identity in differece, jet a multitude of observable characteristics that distinct the specimens. Not boring, at all! You do look smart with yours on, by the way!

DRB

One Too Many
VS, Dimensional brim, Whiskey color
Jan122011Vermont.jpg

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Open Road today. I have been changing the crease recently, and have settled (for the moment) on a center dent with pinches.
Photo39.jpg

DRB, like the whiskey on you, I know you usually wear smaller brims, but that one looks good.

Mayer, another nice Borso for you.

Yeps, that crease suits well as is, the one in your guide photo is good, too.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
For snow solidarity...;)

Stetson Stratoliner...

Sil-Strat.jpg

Great looking Stratoliner Jimmy!:eusa_clap It almost appears like the color of the hat & background was desaturated to go for that black & white effect and left your face & blue shirt to shine through. What color is that Stratoliner? Great looking back yard with all that snow. Brrr.

Cheers!

Dan

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Mr. P!:eusa_clap And your yard is recognizable again.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Daniel, mayserwegener, and Hatophile. I think I need a bit more dip in the front brim but it has been a bit stubborn so far. Daniel, it was nice to have snow since we have so little here. I love the cold weather!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Open Road today. I have been changing the crease recently, and have settled (for the moment) on a center dent with pinches.
Photo39.jpg

Yeps, that is a good crease. I have that on two of my ORs and the cattleman on five (including a Shady Oak and a custom). All the cattlemen are brim up, the fedora styles are brim down. Looks good on you in that style.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DRB -- Nice whiskey on a cold day. ;)

Mr. P -- the Nostalgia looks great, nice crease!

Yeps -- the style you've settled on suits you well.

Mayserwegener -- very distinctive Borso. Nice. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great looking Stratoliner Jimmy!:eusa_clap It almost appears like the color of the hat & background was desaturated to go for that black & white effect and left your face & blue shirt to shine through. What color is that Stratoliner? Great looking back yard with all that snow. Brrr.

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks, Dan! I see what you mean about the color in the photo, but I didn't alter anything -- the flash just made the closer part of the photo pop. In terms of the hat color, that particular Strat provides another example of some Stetson vintage felt that takes on different qualities depending on the lighting. In strong sunlight, the hat looks gray. In less direct sunlight, or indoors, there is a distinct blue/gray aspect to this lid. Just to illustrate, here is a photo of the exact same lid -- taken in conditions that were a bit more balmy...:)

Strat.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou