Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
You are one lucky dog there Jauntyone!:eusa_clap A fantastic hat in a Magical Land with the family. So, how was Disneyland Paris? Any shots by their Haunted Mansion?

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Mr. Jones! It was a lot of fun, but really crowded--considering it was a Saturday and the first day without snow/rain/sleet in a long time, I guess that's not surprising!
Wife and son didn't want to go to the Haunted Mansion[huh] Our little boy is more into Star Wars, so we didn't miss Star Tours. The restaurants were surprisingly good!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Am I the only one that thinks Disneyland should be a place full of Disney hats?
And then there is Stetsonland, AdamLand, MalloryLand, etc.
I guess there already is an OptimoLand and a BuckarooLand and a VSLand.
The bad part is those last three would be just like going to the current DisneyLand, the cost to get in may not be bad but all the stuff you buy once inside really totals up fast!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Am I the only one that thinks Disneyland should be a place full of Disney hats?
And then there is Stetsonland, AdamLand, MalloryLand, etc.
I guess there already is an OptimoLand and a BuckarooLand and a VSLand.
The bad part is those last three would be just like going to the current DisneyLand, the cost to get in may not be bad but all the stuff you buy once inside really totals up fast!

Am I wrong in thinking that the state of Texas is Stetsonland? I've never been there, but that's my impression. It would be a good thing, actually.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Am I wrong in thinking that the state of Texas is Stetsonland? I've never been there, but that's my impression. It would be a good thing, actually.

Yes, there are plenty of Stetsons (in and out of quotation marks) down here.

Of course, the state of Texas is an enormous and diverse, so it depends on where you find yourself.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 5X BQ Shudde Bros OR-like

Since we're talking about Texas...
5364274930_b8cbf07030_z.jpg
5363665865_07301ef244_z.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mr. Jones! It was a lot of fun, but really crowded--considering it was a Saturday and the first day without snow/rain/sleet in a long time, I guess that's not surprising!
Wife and son didn't want to go to the Haunted Mansion[huh] Our little boy is more into Star Wars, so we didn't miss Star Tours. The restaurants were surprisingly good!

Well, as long as you had a good time and the family enjoyed it, the trip is always worth it. I'v always wanted to go to each of the Disney Parks around the world, thought it would be a fun summer trip. Someday maybe.
Again, you looked fantastic. Too bad more folks couldn't dress better to go to these parks.

Cheers!

Dan

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Robert your western lids always impress. :eusa_clap
About what year or decade is that one?

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Dan! This is in the neighborhood of 1960 give or take a few years.(Keyhole size tag includes the 7 with the 1/4, clear plastic protector and not "Clear Beaver" corroborate)

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Don't let Resistol folks hear that...Stetson in from Philadelphia while Resistol is native to Texas...

That's why I said Stetsons in and out of quotes. Don't worry, it's not a capital offence ... ;)

Be that as is may, here's the Stetson I'm wearing today -

017c185b.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Strat, zetwal!

Alan -- very nice Stetson 25.

rlk -- Don't see many 5X's around, that's for sure. How does the felt on this one compare to its Stetson siblings?

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
rlk -- Don't see many 5X's around, that's for sure. How does the felt on this one compare to its Stetson siblings?

Cheers,
JtL

I really need to clean it for best comparison, but it shares most of the characteristics of the high end Stetsons of the last decade(in Philly). Probably a really nice piece of Beaver(or blend) that is then overly stiffened and pounced until it approaches no texture at all. Its the dressier weight but nearly the stiffness of a modern Western. Little softness to the hand-but it might come back with a deep cleaning. Clearly a big step over the 3X in raw material of the felt and time in the finishing(too much). Very much like the 60's 100's I've handled but not quite as soft. Feels like high-grade cardboard next to the Dobbs 100.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails