Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Resistol kitten finish
ResistolKittenFinishsideview3.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Not the usual quality we see on here, but a nice hat for it's purpose nonetheless. I work in the AZ sun so a head covering is well advised. Here is my Tilley work hat.

Tilley%20work%20hat.jpg

Not the usual quality we see on here, but a nice hat for it's purpose nonetheless. I work in the AZ sun so a head covering is well advised. Here is my Tilley work hat.

No apologies for a Tilley... any hat that can come out of a washing machine looking better than it went in is a peach in my book.
Here's one that appeared on the front page of the Wall Street Journal a few years back:

squarefriedman.jpg

It was a piece on the post office and why it costs more to mail a square greeting card... WSJ charges non-subsribers for a read, but the text is still available here.

I wore my Tilley hat constantly for 10 years until I lost it a few months back. Finding a replacement in vintage hats has been fun. Costly, but fun.

page1.jpg

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Nifty hat Lloyd!:eusa_clap With a little cleaning that one can be a sparkling gem in your collection. Do you have a liner shot?:)

Cheers!

Dan

Here you go, it's kind of a fake pleated liner. I cut the plastic tip protector out.
I've thought of cleaning it up but I really like the patina it's acquired over the years.
ResistolKittenFinishliner2.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Re-tooling costs too much. The Postal Service is already hurting. I just retired from their last month. Did you know that they are about to let go 2000 postmasters and 2700 supervisors. And yet, big business (not small ones) get a shipping charge break. What is wrong with our Postmaster General and also the Board of Governors? I swear, I think they are ruining the Postal Service on purpose!

DRB

One Too Many
Dennis, next time you visit Gary White, we'll meet for lunch and talk hats and postal.
Alan, that sounds like a wonderful idea. We can take Gary with us, of course.
Here is my contribution today: Sand Colored, Gary White 70%mink30%beaver, one of my city hats.
Jan222011SandcoloredGaryWhite111.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dennis -- I really like the interesting ribbon on that one, and how it complements the felt. Unless I am greatly mistaken, the texture of that felt looks pretty darn nice...:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR