Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seymour

DSCN0665.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Santa!!:D
Seriously though, that is a rather dashing looking hat.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

I would've said, "General!" Despite the Civil War look, I think the hat is well-matched to the cape. Bringing off hats well depends on the other clothes to a large degree. You have to make the two things work together. A famous example of what not to do, in my opinion at least, is wear outback hats with business suits. I see that constantly here in Washington, and I'll bet you all do too in your home cities. That's an example of incongruity. The Douglas getup, by contrast, goes together.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My favorite shot of Douglas in that montage is the one where he is wearing the brown Adventurbilt Deluxe, I believe it is, with a very Johnny Depp brim swoop to it. He is also wearing a pair of little round glasses, and the whole image gave me the impression of a German Rocket Scientist.

It's a very classic and stylisticly inspiring moment in time. If anyone knows where to find that shot I'm speaking of, please share it.

Cheers!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen