Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Sovereign Twenty today...
122fad57.jpg

4d395104.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Sunny but cool today, in my cocoa Stetson Open Road.

SheplerOR003.jpg

Wade -- nice looking OR. Do you have any idea of the vintage? If you think of the color of that hat as "gold" -- does it make more sense to you than "cocoa"? I have an OR that appears to be identical in color to yours. For quite some time, I referred to the color as "fawn" -- but that never seemed exactly right. Then I saw that one of the catalogs from the 50's posted here mentioned that ORs were offered in "gold." As soon as I saw that and applied it to my OR, the color suddenly made sense. The ribbon, especially, has a gold quality. From the photo, that's what yours looks like to me...;)

Cheers,
JtL

TTO

Familiar Face

Yep the peaks are set far too high and the lapels are a bit narrow for my taste per say but lessons where learnt and these things have been specified on future orders...the laces are indeed very red!
-TTO

ps. many thanks for the welcome folks!

Last edited:
Cool crease. What do you call it?

That's what it came with, Rod, it was custom made for a guy in Wyoming at this little custom hat shop in Sheridan (the guy never picked it up, fortunately for me). My wife and I just happened on it while cruising out there on vacation. The hat shop guy sold it to me for about $100, which I thought was pretty good. I guess to me, it looks like a Mountie crease. I don't think I could recreate it if I tried.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy, I don't really see it as gold. I have another one that seems more of a gold color than this. This one is a model made for Shepler's by Stetson and is not imprinted with Open Road on the sweat. I will make sure you get to fondle it and check it over next week and you can decide!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DJH, that's a lovely hat, just what I've been looking for, is it vintage or a current offering?

Thanks TTO. I think the hat is from the 1960's and is really nice to wear.

Looking at the hats on the Lock website, I like the designs but they seem rather on the pricey side.

I've been thinking of seeing if I could get a modern version of my hat made by one of the custom hat makers, like Mr. Fawcett. I keep dropping hints that it would make a nice Fathers Day present. No success so far!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

Yep the peaks are set far too high and the lapels are a bit narrow for my taste per say but lessons where learnt and these things have been specified on future orders...the laces are indeed very red!
-TTO

ps. many thanks for the welcome folks!

Wonderful! and great bowler, too. Welcome to the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21