Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Argh! I hate photobucket! don't mean to repeat myself but I had to upload this picture again cause', along with others, it disappeared.

My new Art's Silverbelly.
69e90411.jpg

Suits you well, Aureliano. Love the color of that ribbon against the silver belly.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Suits you well, Aureliano. Love the color of that ribbon against the silver belly.

Thanks, Jimmy. Because of the light, the ribbon looks more lavender than it really is. It changes shades depending on how it hits the hat.

I just watched this video and really enjoyed some of the hats shown. The liners are great and sweats look fantastic.

+1 love those dogs in the liners. Was it you, lefty, who owns the Borsalino with the two dogs in the liner?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
5516324960_02077b25b8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think the Oscar would look a lot better with a nice wide brim, bound edge fedora.

Did your wife stand up and start thanking people when she held the Oscar. It seems like that always happens when they hand people one of those.

Neat lid, hatophile. Have you posted this elsewhere? What do we know, if anything about the Weather Hat Company?

One of my 2 western customs is from them. Their website is down for re-work & I know the building they were in was up for sale. I've tried twice to get emails answered from their Contact Us info but no replies yet. They made me a Bone, 15X, cutter creased, 3 3/4" brim hat. I was trying to find out if the felt used from mine was from Winchester which I think it is.

Neat lid, hatophile. Have you posted this elsewhere? What do we know, if anything about the Weather Hat Company?

Thanks, Jimmy. We were in WY about 15 years ago for vacation. Happened to see the shop,
stopped in, looked around and talked to the owner a bit. Nice guy, he was saying that cowboy hats were coming back in with ranchers and horse people because of the increase in skin cancer. The baseball caps these folks were wearing did not offer enough sun protection.
Therefore, his business was starting to pick up.

He sold me this hat for a lower price, because a guy had ordered it, and never picked it up. I bought it and wore it throught WY, MT, Yellowstone, etc. Don't wear it much back in OH, but I saw it the other day and decided to put it in my rotation. That's the only hat I bought from them, the felt is very nice, good construction. Don't know even if he's still in business.

BTW, gorgeous Knox, gtdean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot