Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stetson 7x stetson. I put a new crease in it the other day. What do you think?
IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg
IMG_4688.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks cool Dman, I was trying that same crease/bash on 1 of my taller crown hats a few months back, but I gave up on it....did you have a hard time with it? I seen a picture of a hat with that same crease somewhere and thought it was cool.....looks good, you did a nice job with it. :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
bolthead said:
did you have a hard time with it?
Not at all, but I think that's because of the felt this hat has. It was completely dry shaped, but the 7x felt has the perfect mix of thickness and denseness that it'll take any shape and hold it, but if you pop it out, it goes right back to open crown.
I prefer the stetson 7x felt even over the felt on my stetson 100.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
TimBer, It looks great. If you're only going to have one, that's a wise choice. But, if you hang around here, you will soon want others (to keep it company).

Dinerman, I have often remarked that (in the Golden Age) the way a man shaped his hat was seen as a sign of individuality, and a badge of honor. You deserve a big badge, for that one. I thought I had seen every possible crease, but that's a new one for me. And it looks superb! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
TimBer said:
Royal Stetson. The color is graphite. I am one of those poor souls who only owns one fedora.

How very retro-minded of you!:)

Well, if you're only gonna own one make sure it looks great on you......I think you have that down pat!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Bud, I remember somebody mentioning an "arrow" crease, the other day. I couldn't place it then, but I'll remember it from now on. Thanks for the info.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
Not at all, but I think that's because of the felt this hat has. It was completely dry shaped, but the 7x felt has the perfect mix of thickness and denseness that it'll take any shape and hold it, but if you pop it out, it goes right back to open crown.
I prefer the stetson 7x felt even over the felt on my stetson 100.
Cool.....how'd you start out then, with a basic C-crown and work from there? :rolleyes:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Back in my 1-2-07 post, I referred to it as an arrow crease. Got my inspiration for it from a thread that The Real Henry made back in 2006. i tried it on some other hats when I first saw it, but it didn't work too well; really needed the felt that the Stetson has.

I made it more like a diamond crease- making the two lines out from the front pinch, then just popping the back in.

kiltie

Practically Family
not in my paws yet...

This just shipped today. Obviously it's not on my head yet, but I'm both excited and loathe to start a new thread. It's a Resistol, which I believe makes it a San Antonio, unless I've got my wires crossed. I'd been wanting an old Open Road, but when I learned the Resistol was called a San Antonio, I decided, as unlikely as it would be that I'd find a nice one, that I'd rather have that, being that's where I am. At any rate, I think I did alright pulling this one down for right at about fourty bones, TT&L. I think I caught it right after it listed with the low "buy it now" thing-a-ma-bob...
Lemme know what you think. I'm gonna try and get a little Hank Williams,Sr with it.
102173854_o.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Vintage Cye Stacey custom made fedora. Ventilated sweatband, heavyweight felt, "cav edge", pleated ribbon, wind string is the set up where the button is sewn to the hat.
IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart