Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Had to pick up my wife from the airport today so we stopped for lunch at the Airport Diner. VS SilverBelly hat for me

photo-38-L.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
That is probably true. I felt very self-conscious about wearing any kind of fedora in my 20s, 30s and 40s. So I never did it. Also, the local selection of men's dress hats wasn't good enough at that time. I kept on thinking what other people would think about it--imagining that I was trying to look like something, such as a businessman, or a movie actor, or some other kind of thing that would stand out. But when I turned 50, I said, I don't care anymore what people may think. Just don't care. In retrospect, I wish I would have reached that point sooner. However, the selection of hats then was worse than now. Now it's great, the best ever.

I agree, Dan, especially after having seen so many Loungers sporting lids on a daily basis. And as you commented, the variety of fedoras is greater than it was 20 years ago. One thing I don't want to do, though, is look like I'm in a time warp (i.e., look like I just stepped out of The Street With No Name), but rather strive to present a modern interpretation upon a classic look. For that reason, I usually do not wear a hat with a Bold Look suit (already a head-turner all in itself), but sometimes will do so with a late-'50s suit or sport coat simply because it looks more classic and not so much in-your-face. (In fact, I wear hats more often when I'm not in a suit or sport coat.) Some may disagree with my assessment, and I respect that.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
warning - photo flood ahead

It's our seventh anniversary and we've had a great day. After an incredible brunch at the Washington Place Bistro and Inn in Cleveland's Little Italy, we hit Lake View Cemetery, where I proposed to my wife.

These are in and around the Garfield Memorial.

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

President Garfield and his wife in the tombs.
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The wind was blowing very hard, and the daffodils weren't yet fully bloomed.
DSC_0130.jpg

Wade Chapel, with the interior done entirely by Tiffany, including the glass mosaic tile, giant window, alabaster lanterns, etc.
DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

A few interesting markers between stops.
DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

This is probably the most photographed site there.
DSC_0174.jpg

Then it was time to go, but we stopped for a few photos along the picturesque MLK Blvd.
cancer memorial
DSC_0224.jpg

the side of my favorite bridge along the Blvd.
DSC_0246.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Right off of MLK is the Rockefeller Greenhouse, which is both free and fantastic.
DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Cleveland, as seen from the car, on and around the Shoreway.
Wyland wall
DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Rock Hall
DSC_0383.jpg

Firefighter memorial just outside Browns' Stadium
DSC_0389.jpg

Shots from down in the Flats
DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a great day out. Happy Anniversary!
I've never had the chance to explore the Cleveland area, always just driving through. Your photos show that there are some really nice locations there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn