Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Today, a Dobbs swansback with good age. The finish is interesting (and perhaps unique). It's not really a longhair. At least it's not like other 30s era longhairs that I have handled. Nor is it a suede finish like Stetson used to do. I'd say it's somewhere in between the two.

84e7b774.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Awesome lid, AL. Thanks everyone on the comments. That Silver Mist VS is the lightweight felt and is now one of my most favorite hats.

flyfishark

Practically Family
I wore this Hopkins Airliner today. I love the hat, but can't find out much about Hopkins (or Brigham-Hopkins). The store where it was purchased, Snellenburgs in Philly, closed in 1962. The price tag on the hat is $3.99. Other than that, I know little about it. Anyone familiar with the "Airliner" by Hopkins, or a possible date-window for production? Thanks
mh34w4.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I wore this Hopkins Airliner today. I love the hat, but can't find out much about Hopkins (or Brigham-Hopkins). The store where it was purchased, Snellenburgs in Philly, closed in 1962. The price tag on the hat is $3.99. Other than that, I know little about it. Anyone familiar with the "Airliner" by Hopkins, or a possible date-window for production? Thanks
mh34w4.jpg

Man, I dig that! Reminds me of Sinatra's lids.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry, Mike, and bolt: Thank you, gentlemen!

z: Appreciate the liner shot. Great embroidered logo as well as ribbed cotton? liner material, which is very similar to that in one of my '30s Dobbs Homburgs.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Appreciate the liner shot. Great embroidered logo as well as ribbed cotton? liner material, which is very similar to that in one of my '30s Dobbs Homburgs.

I don't really know how to evaluate the fabric. To me, the fiber seems like it may be thinner than cotton fiber. But I'm really not sure. I wish I had more skill in that area and could answer your question.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Today, a Dobbs swansback with good age. The finish is interesting (and perhaps unique). It's not really a longhair. At least it's not like other 30s era longhairs that I have handled. Nor is it a suede finish like Stetson used to do. I'd say it's somewhere in between the two.

84e7b774.jpg

Looks a bit stingy, Zetwal. Is that just a camera trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters