Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful image! Who's behind the camera for all the fine photos? Worthy of a Silver or Platinum print.

I wonder if I could still remember those darkroom chops... this, as many of my pictures are the work of that trusty assistant, Self Timer.

thanks for the comments!

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
Alanfgag, this photo is absolutely amazing. It exudes a "timeless" feel, like something you'd find in an old almanac or even a coffee-table book. You're dad's face speaks volumes, and almost tells a story when standing beside the next generation (you).

I'd deem this picture frame-worthy.

--

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
me and my dad walking buck... great peconic bay, NY:

me_and_dad.jpg

You guys sure look good in the clothes you put on. We should all look so sharp.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I wore this vintage feather weight Stetson today. The pictures are washed out but the hat is beautiful in the hand. It's actually oxblood. I hope to take better pics next time.

33569c9b.jpg

4b5a120c.jpg

thespoiler

One of the Regulars
My family gave me a surprise "hat" 70th birthday party. That is me in the brown sweater vest with my black Bond on and my son next to me with a brown Mallory.
Issachat.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Zetwal! Same sweatband imprint as the featherweight I purchased recently at auction, but with differences too. Does this have the deep blue liner logo? I hope to find time to clean mine up a bit and post some pictures over the holiday weekend.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Zetwal! Same sweatband imprint as the featherweight I purchased recently at auction, but with differences too. Does this have the deep blue liner logo? I hope to find time to clean mine up a bit and post some pictures over the holiday weekend.

Are you talking about the Homburg you posted recently in the other threads? If so, the liner logo on this one is just like yours with one exception. It's dark brown and gold rather than blue.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It was this one... a "homburg" that wasn't. The bow has four pleats and the brim edge is raw with concentric stitching embellishment.

That's a different hat than the one I thought you were talking about. I thought you were referring to the dark blue or black 7/8 Homburg that you posted recently. In any event, the logos do appear to be the same (or very similar). No doubt they are from the same general period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters