Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mother's Day in PB Raiders.
mdhat.jpg

Nice picture, Raider, is that Peter Brothers Raiders the one in your avatar?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing a cut down Akubra Squatter that I bought from GTdean here a while back. Today was my youngest daughters dedication at my church.
IMG_5483s.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mother's Day Barbisio

Buying fresh flowers for Lydia and my Mom. Farmer's Market, St. Paul. Barbisio Lugano.

Mother's Day Brunch at Christos, Union Depot, St. Paul.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great photo, Sam. Congrats on the dedication. I'm assuming you mean that the brim was shortened on that Akubra-- how wide is it now? dimensions look great.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New older Whippet

Royal Stetson Whippet - Meet my new "old" Whippet.

Whippetbrown.jpg

The color is a rich, rich brown. It conjours up a mental image of a rich brown meat gravy that is the kind that shimmers when served, yet has a smooth, rich texture. This is the nicest Whipet I have touched and worn in my short hat wearing history. The hat is thicker than the modern, but not heavy, takes a re-bash without effort and stays. The hat body shows a small divot by the band under the front brim, but is otherwise newer. The brim does show some marks from having sitting patiently in it's box waiting to be adopted. A steam, brush and a re-base should take care of any anxiety to it's new home. The hat band has stamped in gold, Royal Whippet and Hirsch's Mens Shop, Bel Air, MD. In addition to the size tag a tag is off to the right with the text, "The lining in this hat is rayon satin of celanse."

After walking the dogs this morning in the wet 50' spring morning I am reclined drinking a morning Breve' (3 shots of expresso with steamed 1/2 & 1/2). I find myself wearing my hat for a while after the jaunt thru the woods and trail to warm up to the house temp these spring days.

Thanks for taking a look, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic