Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that one. CB quality in a unique hat is about as good as it gets.

Eric: Alan: That 7X beaver is some luscious felt. Beautiful and always a pleasure to see!

Thanks! I've had both the Intrigue and my 7X OR style refurbed at Optimo. The Intrigue was re blocked from a 7 1/4 down to my 22 1/8 size. Having this great felt return to fit perfectly was a thrill. Both hats get a lot of happy airtime.

Because it is Derby Day, the Penney's Marathon...
Photo-0075.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Disney 15 & Barbisio Lugano

Disney 15 Cavanagh Edge. Landmark Center, St. Paul.

Brunch at Meritage, St. Paul.

Barbisio Lugano, picked up from the seller today.

Will post more detailed photos of both hats in a few days.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, David. Both lids are in superb, exceptionally clean condition, with no moth bites whatsoever. I have not cleaned or steamed either hat as yet, and have only performed quick dry creases to both lids, and rearranged the wind-trolley on the Barbisio. I was very fortunate also in that both lids run on the larger side of 7-3/8(I usually wear 7-1/2), and fit my noggin as if custom made!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Delectans, Al; Wow grand hats and worn with confidence. I followed trails on the internet this evening looking into the Barbisio hat. That is quite a hat! Glad to see that you were out and about in the warmer MN spring weather.

Congrats, Eric -

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Collins & Fairbanks, Boston

My newest vintage fedora is this wonderful 50's Collins & Fairbanks with cav edge. Made by Disney for the famous Boston retailer of yesteryear. 2 1/4" brim in charcoal with uber wide silver grey band.
A rilico buy...and a new favourite. I may have a job for this fedora at a special occasion in October...

CollinsFairbanksMay2011.jpg

CollinsFairbanksMay20112.jpg
CFRear.jpg
CFLabels2.jpg
CFLabels.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Eph: Stylish lid. I like that back bow and placement of the wind-trolley button!

Alan: Thanks! ;) Additional photos forthcoming.

Chinaski: I really appreciate your kind comments! The Disney 15 is a fantastic hat, but it was probably a bit unfair to pair it in the same post as the more flamboyant Barbisio.

Eric: Thank you! Hope you were able to get out and enjoy the splendid weather as well.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Love that new VS HB - I prefer it on you with the brim down like this.

Just got back from a nice little hike with our two Bostons. Here they are cooling off a little. My Campdraft is my favorite casual outdoor hat.

swim-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner