Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanuthercap

New in Town
My brand spankin' new Champ Superjet Featherweight I just got off thebay. Nice dark grey. Brim is roughly 1 3/4". Got a heck of a deal as it looks completely unworn. Very , very light weight which I appreciate this time of year in Florida!

Sorry for the scruffyness.... I was running late this morning and from the pic, none too happy to be at work.
SAM_0006.jpg

SAM_0010.jpg

SAM_0008.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
In Pursuit Of Rainbows

Last weekend in Minnesota saw tumultuous weather, including a tornado which hit North Minneapolis. It also brought along some intense and beautiful rainbows.

Peavey Plaza, downtown Minneapolis. At Orchestra Hall for the Minnesota Orchestra concert Saturday night. Caxton Beaver Twenty.

An after concert bite at Mickey's Diner in St. Paul, a greasy spoon oozing with nostalgia and charm. One of our favorite late night eateries in the Twin Cities.

Mirror reversed self portrait while waiting for our food.

No good place to set my hat, so I left it on my noggin. Will have to sit at the counter next time to really experience the nostalgia.

A joint that never closes.

Storm clouds from the system that produced the tornado last Sunday. A temporary clearing during supper.

Unstable weather and cool temperatures enabled me to wear the Caxton all weekend.

Heading home after supper, accompanied by rainbows the entire way.

Driving towards a rare double rainbow. A metaphor for Life, I reckon, as we are all in pursuit of our "rainbows" but seemingly never quite get there, but in the end it is the journey that matters...

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful image, Alan! Love your panoramas! And you are so right about the best rainbows presenting themselves when we are behind the wheel. Luckily Lydia was riding shotgun and had the camera ready, and Ryan was able to shoot some videos from the backseat.

Samuel

Practically Family
Wearing my Royal Stetson silverbelly Stratoliner to the premiere of the new season of TLC's Toddlers & Tiaras, where my business will be showcased as a coveted prize for the next grand supreme winner! http://princesscanopybeds.blogspot.com/
The Silverbelly Stratoliner is the hat that makes me feel the most like an Entrepreneur, like Jeff Bridge's character in Seabiscuit.

uprightsam.jpg

seaent1-1.jpg

Last edited:

ejbhats

A-List Customer
It cooled off her again and raint to boot so I wore a hat I'd picked up for free and did a lot of cleaning on.
This is very much a vintage Stevens, "Rod and Gun" Wide 3" brim, all the extras a fine hat would have. The button on the ribbon is where the trolley would loop over so the end of the loop would go over a button.
The frayed end on the ribbon was done for a period of time but I cannot recall which!
The felt on this hat is velvety, thick, and suedey soft, this is for sure a cool weather fedora. It folds into whatever shape you like and wraps you up like a warm blanket on a cold rainy day. It does suffer from having a fishing hook stuffed through the brim towards the back. I thought about replacing the ribbon but a friend said that would take the charm and character out of the hat, and he is right. It's like a pair of old slippers!

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/100_3442.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/100_3443.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/100_3444.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/100_3445.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful old Stevens, Eric! Looks to be early '40s but the frayed ribbon was a much earlier feature, retained by some makers, however, well into the '50s.

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Wonderful old Stevens, Eric! Looks to be early '40s but the frayed ribbon was a much earlier feature, retained by some makers, however, well into the '50s.

Thanks Al! You cannot imagine how plush this hat is until you feel it for yourself.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The photos in this thread just get better and better - time for me to reverse the trend.

My wife is a hair stylist (best stylist for wedding and prom hair in the north east!!) so you'd think my hair would be well looked after. No chance - I'm never able to get a hair cut until I threaten to go to one of the 10,000 other salons in our town.

The threats obviously paid off, because I was in the chair today

photo-57-L.jpg

photo-58-L.jpg

My hair was getting close to shoulder length, now it's buzzed real short. I bet I'll be padding the sweatbands on my hats for a while :D

Still, haircut, Sam Adams and a new (to me) Adam - must be a pretty good day!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Great rainbow pics. We got the storms, but not the pretty colors.

I can't believe that I'll be the first one to post the double rainbow video. If you haven't seen it, it's stupid - very stupid - but the longer you watch it, the more you start to snicker at how it manages to get even more stupid.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hitting the Open Road today.

Photoon2011-05-26at1710.jpg

I went for a hike, just a walk's distance from the house. I still do keep it in the original hat box, too. I don't tend to do the same with my vintage Stetson or Akubra though, they just sit on top of a shelf until I grab one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner