Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
[...] it's going to be a scorcher today.

Ain't that the truth. We just had the first Memorial Day weekend without any rain in twelve or so years. It's not even June and we've been nudging 100 every day for some time. The evenings stay warm too.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Standard Quality featherweight oxblood, 1930s.

5c416a9e.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
No kitten finish on this featherweight. It's a Stetson (not a Resistol). But since you mention it, I did just put a very cool kitten finish Resistol in the Lounge Classified this morning.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
That's a nice one, Zetwal. Man, every time you post you show us something so unique and beautiful.

I wore my wife's grandpa late 70s semi-calado montecristi. Got tons of compliments but I still feel strange while wearing it. To sell or not to sell is the dilemma... I think I much rather wear a regular straw than this. I don't know what to do! [huh]
56.jpg

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
That's a nice one, Zetwal. Man, every time you post you show us something so unique and beautiful.

I wore my wife's grandpa late 70s semi-calado montecristi. Got tons of compliments but I still feel strange while wearing it. To sell or not to sell is the dilemma... I think I much rather wear a regular straw than this. I don't know what to do! [huh]
56.jpg

I understand what you are talking about.
You did a great job and the hat is beautiful... but its not a hat I would wear.
Tough decision....

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I understand what you are talking about.
You did a great job and the hat is beautiful... but its not a hat I would wear.
Tough decision....

Tough indeed, Rusty. I had it appraised at W&W, just in case. Thanks for the sympathizing words.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I try not to keep hats that I don't wear. When in doubt do without works for me. I find that it can very satisfying to pass a hat on to someone who will actually derive satisfaction from it's use.

Totally agree with you. That's why I decided to sell most of my hats and keep only those I wear. And not buy anymore... I might sell it but the quality and a bit of sentimental value is making me have the dilemma. Check out this zoom of the back-woven edge (in reality, of course, it's much thinner weave: the zoom makes it look huge), it's just perfect!

IMG_1165.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred