Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, z, Perry! Made myself hungry posting those photos. What I wouldn't give to have one of Curtis' Po' boys for lunch today! :hungry:

Mike: Looking good!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
2d623fbe.jpg

Great hat!;)

Maguire

Practically Family
I see alot of people posting felts here, perhaps i should have made a thread regarding this but how strongly did people hold onto the Straw hat day rule back in the day? in say, 1925 would wearing a felt hat at this time in the year (in the northern hemisphere, that is) be considered strange?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Adam Executive brown day!

I have to be off for more travel early evening. I needed to come prepared with some comfortable travel clothes, change for my coaching duties and then change back. With bags packed, daily planner completed, I choose the Adam Executive to ride my head.

The Adam Executive below is a rich, rich, brown. It stands out with a warmer-red color tint to the color. The ribbon is brown and hopefully the pic shows the contrast of the 2 colors. Unfortunately the pics wash out the color. The color makes this hat.

Photo%20on%202011-06-10%20at%2013.07%204.jpg

The hat is Executive quality and treated with Aqua Shed when made. The orginal sales tag shows the cost to be $7.95. Good price!

Photo%20on%202011-06-10%20at%2013.24.jpg

The ribbon just adds a bit of flair that I have come to enjoy. The wind trolly is intact and needed just a bit of tightening to be set into everyday SBG hat work.

Photo%20on%202011-06-10%20at%2013.08.jpg

Enjoying the mid 60's with my Executive, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The red is not coming through on my monitor. But it does look rich brown nevertheless.

I am using pics from my MacBook Pro and the Photo Booth utility. The need for some better quality shots is apparent if I am to going to share more than sketch details in the future.

Chagrined, but thankfull for your time spent sharing my Executive, Eric -

Eric, I love that Adam, the ribbon treatment is very cool.

Justin, that Resistol looks great on you, I love thin ribbons. Seeing that you're from TX, you've appropriately kept the Cattleman's crease--Good for you!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
No need to be chagrined! It may look exactly right on your (or some other monitor). In any event, we're just having fun anyway.

No worries here. Rather than lamenting the pic quality, I need to solve it.

The Aqua shed has been tested and still is working after nearly 60 years. I tipped over my freshly poured french press'd coffee and a teaspoon or so of great tasting coffee "plopped" onto the brim. Rinsed under the sink and dried under the hand dryer, the hat is good to go. Shhh, do not tell anyone that the prstine hat has been thus christened.

Looking around for the spill proof cup, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A Memorable Memorial Day Weekend In Chicago, Part 4

View of Lake Michigan from the Field Museum. Navy Pier in the distance.

A beautifully mounted Labrador Duck, extinct since 1878. It is one of only 55 mounted specimens remaining, scattered throughout institutions and museums worldwide!

Great Blue Heron. The Field Museum houses one of the largest and most comprehensive scientific collections of birds anywhere.

Break in the action, sitting at the cafe and taking in the expansive view.

A flying Bull.

One last photo of Sue before we were off to eat. The crowds and our tight schedule limited our visit to the bird collection and special exhibits, of which no photography was allowed.

In the Lincoln Park neighborhood for supper.

Kingston Mines, on N. Halsted, Lincoln Park. Ground zero of Chicago Blues.

Some of the blues greats who have played at the club over the years.

A musician and his hat. One of the incredible amateur musicians who jammed with Linsey Alexander all night long. His good looking hat was new, he ackowledged.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Ryan, Lydia and I were transfixed by the heartfelt but uplifting music for hours.

The Man himself. Linsey Alexander is a Chicago blues legend. Raised in Mississippi and Tennesee, Linsey's musical career mirrors the development of Chicago blues, rooted as it is in the Mississippi Delta but distinctly urbane.

Already getting late as we left, folks were lining up to hear Linsey play into the night. The club has two stages serving up nearly continuous music until 4AM!

Heading back to our car and the short drive back to the hotel.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Thanks Hatophile. I actually hadn't intended to keep the crease...but it's sort of grown on me. Looks real good with my mirrored aviators riding in the Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland