Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
While reading Afar, a new travel magazine, I saw these people. I suppose they're afield. ;)
afar.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Another hot, humid day up here in N. Texas so as will be the case till Oct./Nov. another Panama went on my head. Wore my latest PB sale Brisa weave Cuenca with a Cabellero crease. This one has a fabric sweat which works well in this weather.

1-30-11009.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
Stetson Standard Quality grey felt, "The Motor" Feather Weight. By all accounts as much as 80 years old - very light weight compared to my Imperials and Royals. And, since it's only in the 90s today and I was only out running errands for a short time, it was fine.

P1000194.jpg

mattface

Practically Family
Another hot, humid day up here in N. Texas so as will be the case till Oct./Nov. another Panama went on my head. Wore my latest PB sale Brisa weave Cuenca with a Cabellero crease. This one has a fabric sweat which works well in this weather.

1-30-11009.jpg

Heh! Same exact hat here, though yours looks a bit whiter than mine. I love the caballero crease! :thumb:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Standard Quality grey felt, "The Motor" Feather Weight. By all accounts as much as 80 years old - very light weight compared to my Imperials and Royals. And, since it's only in the 90s today and I was only out running errands for a short time, it was fine.

P1000194.jpg

Another good reason NOT to replace that experienced sweatband: you won't mollycoddle that fine lid!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Big day for our family today, our daughter's 18th birthday and senior prom.

I was on photo patrol, wearing my Tom-n-Perris Panama

D334266-L.jpg

Playing around at the salon

D334252-L.jpg

Proud dad with beautiful daughter Amelia

D334279-L.jpg

The finished result

T Rick

Practically Family
1) Nice campdraft
2: did you buy the borso to sell here? [crosses fingers]

No, I left it. It's I think a 7 3/8, or perhaps 5/8. It was huge on me. Seemed in decent shape, a bit of light staining (not evident unless up close). Wasn't a huge bargain, lots of over priced things in the store, though this hat was perhaps reasonably priced (for a flea market) at around $35 IIRC. I will be back in town there for the next couple of weeks.

I wore the Camp Draft again for the trip home (working/staying 85 miles from home, limited hat space), and then donned the Basque Beret again for an evening out.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Traveling Hat....Stetson Open Road 25

Yesterday, before leaving to travel this weekend (work related) I recieved a hat from Fedora Forum member Ejbhats. Thanks Ejbhats. (Boy he has good taste in hats!) and This consignment hat, (ohhhh yes I will extend consideration), is a model/style that I have been looking for. I put this hat and my Adams Executive on the plane and went with them both.

Photo%20on%202011-06-11%20at%2008.55%204.jpg

This morning I got to the site early, as my clinic is not until later this afternoon, to scope out things. I wore the Stetson 25 Open Road. The OR has a bigger brim and a taller crown than the hats I usually wear. I am liking it. The local barista commented that she liked my "ranchers hat," and that I looked "daper." Comments from a pretty 20 something are influencial. We spoke for a bit and she mentioned that her previous boyfriend had purchased one like it as she liked her men in hats. Hmmm, I will share this conversation with my wife as I introduce this hat to her.

Photo%20on%202011-06-11%20at%2009.08%203.jpg

The hats fits like a charm. Very dreamy leather band, sizing spot on. The leather quality is top notch, while a bit thinner than an early 50's model that I got to visit and touch recently. The liner is so clean it makes me desire to carry a handkerchief to occassionly wipe off my sweaty bald heat to avoid any potential stain.

Photo%20on%202011-06-11%20at%2009.07%203.jpg

Lots has been said of the felt of the older OR 25's on the forum in the Open Road Guild thread. After wearing this hat for only a couple of hours I must echo that the felt is exactly what a quality hat should be. It will take a bash easily, but is substantive enough retain the bash. I often see that felt will not always lay smooth along the back lines of a "C" without steam. The OR 25 will lay smooth. The felt is substantial, and I would say a medium weight, but has the malability similar to older Borsalino I have.

Photo%20on%202011-06-11%20at%2009.08.jpg

Very Clean and an excellent hat. I am considering sending it over to Optimo for a cleaning to make it sparkle. This will put wear and tear on this older hat, but I can see that it would increase my wearing of the hat. I am thinking that the small amount of accumulated patina would be diminished and it would be smashing. Send or not send it is immediately wearable - totally rocking hat.

The Stetson 25 Open Road is a sweet hat. It boggles my mind to think that an older model 7X & or 100 OR may even be of a higher quality.

Thanks tons to Ejbhats for allowing me the consideration of adopting this hat. I will complete the adoption paperwork when I am back at my desk as this hat needs a good home here in the MPLS/St.Paul area! Needs to take permenant residence at my house.

Thanks for taking a look at the iconic Stetson 25 Open Road, silverbelly, soon to be adopted by myself.

Boggled mind, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy