Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Clear beaver vintage Stetson. In the hand, the color is lighter than here in this photo.

403f62ec-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just got back from a ten day road trip to UT, started out wearing a big straw sun/garden hat (I'd brought two) to shield me in the 90+ degree weather. When at the first N.P. in Utah- I was too hot wearing it. Borrowed a baseball style cap from my Mr. for many days of the trip until I finally broke down and bought myself a pink baseball style cap at Zion National Park, but hey it was a deal that came with a Zion tshirt. I'm not a ballcap kinda gal, but then I wasn't a hiker/outdoor adventuress until this trip either.

Saw a really nice straw Stetson I took a fancy to at a gift shop we popped into in UT, but didn't want to spend the $ then, so I wrote down all the pertinent info on the shop's card and may order it from them to ship out to me now that I'm home.

Have a couple of nice pics wearing hats on the trip, but they are PRINTS- so when I can get them scanned into my laptop I'll try to post.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a real nice trip! Zion was always one of my favorites growing up, and I need to take my own family there soon.

Do consider posting photos from your adventure in the FEDORAS AFIELD thread as well after you have scanned them.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks delectans, going through that canyon tunnel at the front end of Zion was a real thrill! I'd love to go back to all these N.P. wth my two teens someday so they can also experience it all.

Though I wore no fedoras on my trip! I do have a nice Bailey straw fedora- duh me I just realized that would have been perfect to take along...

Posted about the trip on the Great Outdoors category. Here is the new thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Road-Trip-to-Utah-hitting-four-National-Parks

Sounds like a real nice trip! Zion was always one of my favorites growing up, and I need to take my own family there soon.

Do consider posting photos from your adventure in the FEDORAS AFIELD thread as well after you have scanned them.

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Hatophile, its been QUITE a while of time away for me on this great thread. I'd have sooo much catching up to do here. I think all the gents got quite sick of hearing from me so much! I've lost over 20 lbs (stress weight- too long a story) since the fall, some of the fellas here might not even recognize me these days...

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
bowlerman, love your tag line quote from K. Whitehorn! Its an inspiration to start wearing my vintage hats again, but since I've lost so much weight all of my vintage clothes are too big on me to wear with the hats-wahhh.

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Some very nice looking hats on here today; I particularly like the Tumwater.

Heading to the office with my Silverbelly Tumwater Hat. Tony did such a great job making this special hat for me!

smugshot6653097-X3.jpg

I went with my Stetson Nostalgia.

Nostalgia-2.jpg

A bit warm today, but since I was already wearing a warm suit I figured why not.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp this Monday morning, David!

Thank you Al. Great to see how much your are enjoying that new Monti as well - such a nice hat.

Some very nice looking hats on here today; I particularly like the Tumwater.

Thanks BJ. I really enjoy the style of hat that TonyB makes so I always like to wear this one.

The Nostalgia is looking good; I've thought it to be the nicest of the modern Stetsons, then they discontinue it.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Though I wore no fedoras on my trip! I do have a nice Bailey straw fedora- duh me I just realized that would have been perfect to take along...

You are just going to have to take another road trip this Summer with your teens, fedoras, and digital camera!

Delectans, that Panama is absolutely exquisite! I'll bet you turned quite a few heads in that hat. You wear it well. :eusa_clap

Many thanks for your kind words, Lily Powers, I appreciate them very much! :yo:

T Rick, you and Dakota have inspired me. Tasha took a little persuading, too, but finally gave in for a few snausages...

121vu.jpg

Beautiful hat and it looks great on Tasha!

Nostalgia-2.jpg

Great looking hat on you.

Thank you Al. Great to see how much your are enjoying that new Monti as well - such a nice hat.

Thanks, David!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
DJH, Delectans, thank you gentlemen; but I have to say the Nostalgia was not quite as nice for wearing today as Delectans’ Optimo Montecristi would have been.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I just got back from some hill hiking in my modern Stetson Open Road. I left around 8:00, and it almost got too dark on me up there, so I'm glad I turned around when I did. Got back fifteen minutes ago.

Photoon2011-06-13at20414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou