What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jantjeuh

Jantjeuh Familiar Face

my new favourite hat (for summer/warm weather), PB Cuenca Cuencano :)

[​IMG]

2. Adnamira

Adnamira A-List Customer

They call it a herringbone weave on their site, but they have said in the Cap Faction forum that is actually a birds-eye weave. I have the Grey Heather and also a shirt weight plaid in blue. The Grey Heather is stiffer and the shirt weight plaid drapes very nice. The brown, black and green herringbone is a very soft, woven wool. It is a full cut, but both my other caps look a lot fuller when I am wearing them and shape more to the typical newsboy cap shape a lot easier, where-as the birds-eye BBG wants to sit up more. I regret trying to pinch and pull it forward into the newsboy shape, because I've decided I actually like the way it looked before. The colour suits my complexion and eye colour very well. My head is 23 and 1/2 inches. I like to pull caps well down over my head, which I think ruins the newsboy look a bit, but is more comfortable to me. I think this cap would look a lot fuller and have more dimension on people with smaller heads. Anyway, here are some rough pics that show the difference in the three hp caps that I have - all full cuts.

BBG, before I pinched in forward. Very soft, comfortable cap - feels great, but isn't as easy to shape as the other two.

[​IMG][/url] 100_5331 by Adnamira, on Flickr[/IMG]

Grey heather taken when I was sleep deprived. I very much like this cap, shaped well from day one. Front on, this cap sits out over my ears, but you can see the way I pull it down over the back of my head, which pulls the crown back off the brim more than the way most newsboy folk like.

[​IMG][/url] 100_5483 by Adnamira, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is the shirt weight plaid. Very blue and I find it difficult to match it with my wardrobe, but I feel like a wizard when I am wearing it - the fabric has a very smooth waxy, feel to it that I love. Apparently, the pendleton shirts made from this fabric were used by Surfers as wet suits.

[​IMG]
    100_5575 by Adnamira, on Flickr

See what I mean - it's magic! -

[​IMG]
    100_5567 by Adnamira, on Flickr

3. danofarlington

danofarlington My Mail is Forwarded Here

You look like a heftier John Lennon. Actually that's a look I would like to have myself.

4. Jauntyone

Jauntyone Practically Family

I'm wearing my old Campdraft as I await my new, improved Campdraft from Hatsdirect:
    [​IMG]

5. Adnamira

Adnamira A-List Customer

Thanks, as a very amateur singer song-writer, I am very flattered. The HP caps I think work for the muso look, as they have, I think, more of a flop and softness to their look rather than the stiff, structured look than the more formal newsboy style. To tell you the truth, the main reason I go for Hat People caps is that I live in an environment where my caps are going to get stained and dirty, no matter how well I look after them, and HP caps can be cold washed or dry cleaned. I know a lot of folk on the Fedora Lounge prefer leather bands and a more pan-cake look, but that's not very practical for me living in the Australian bush with lots of red dust around.

6. Adnamira

Adnamira A-List Customer

Looks great. Nice combination. Amazing for me to see all these Akubras on the Fedora Lounge. I think the Campdraft and fedora styles must be more popular over there than they here.

7. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Happy Friday everyone! VS Silverbelly for me today

[​IMG]

8. Looking very summery there, Dave!
    [​IMG]
    Aloha Friday with an OR.
    [​IMG]
    Wore this John B yesterday doing errands in my Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt. No comments on the hat, but the 20-something tech at the vet's office and the 60-something waitress at the Fish House liked the t-shirt.

9. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Who are you and what have you done with Perry? :)

10. The evil twin strikes again!:evil:

11. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Dobbs for mtg. this morning.

I am back in town and needed to get to an early morning meeting. Sponsors and prospective sponsors needed face time. Before sunrise I got going and slipped a hat box into the backseat. I opened the box up before handing my car over to the valet and low and behold this is the Dobb's hat that I had chosen early morning. It was not the hat that I expected to be in the box. Going forward in my sleep deprived, fast traveling fatigued week mode I put it on and confidently walked forward.

[​IMG]

The brown Dobbs is a very fine felted guild edge shorter brim hat. It worked well with a linen, wool blazer this cooler MN. morning.

[​IMG]

For an older hat the liner is immaculate and the leather band clean. A gently used hat for sure.

I got an big OK from the folks at the gathering. Uniformly they enjoyed the fedora. Feeling good and looking 5th Ave (Dobbs), Eric -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  12. Quite sharp, Eric. Nice ensemble today.

13. alanfgag

alanfgag

+1... like your no dent take on this hat. Very nice.

14. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

A little morning whimsy with my 1934 Mallory bowler...
    [​IMG][/IMG]

15. Justin B

Justin B One Too Many

Love it!

It seems to me your all set for a day of dastardly deeds. Just watch out for mounties!

16. alanfgag

alanfgag

fantastic!... without the beard you would be a ringer for my favorite Belgian sleuth.

17. [​IMG]
    There is a resemblance to this guy, except that he's wearing a topper. I'm sure you're not evil, though B-man.
    I could see Poirot too.

18. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

19. Cole

Cole One of the Regulars

That picture was taken during a walk with my daughter. My wife refuses to take pictures of me with the fedora, she calls it an "old men hat". I was forced to use the cell phone cam. :)

[​IMG]

20. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

Nice picture, amusing story. Welcome to the Lounge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.