Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The mini-ballerinas are great. Your photos really capture warmth in the same way that delectans is able to capture detail. Bravo.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm breaking in my nearly new Stetson 30X. I somehow won this on Goodwill's auction site for a mere 50 bucks. I steamed out the cattleman's crease and sort of 'fedorafied' it, but the brim still needs a little tweaking. Marvelous hand, I must say; can only imagine what a 100X feels like.

DSCF0848.jpg

We left dance and drove to Evanston to pick up no. 1 daughter at college. Sophie wanted us to turn around and drive home the next morning, but we got her to agree to a day of rest before the 560 mile return trip.

We drove up Sheridan Road to see the Baha'i Temple. Among it's many credits are a placement as one of the seven wonders of Illinois (after Wrigley Field.)
I took most of these photos with my new iPhone... what a nice little camera it is.

bahai1.jpg

bahai2.jpg

bahai3.jpg

bahai.jpg

This last was shot with my main camera... the full size picture here.

Our 24 hour stay didn't allow me to visit Optimo and see other lounge friends as I had hoped - next time. But Robert and I found time for a cup of coffee and some hat talk.

sm_alanfgag_RLK.jpg

Chicago is such a great city, with the midwestern warmth and charm of Buffalo but dressed up much more nicely. Though I miss having our daughter at home, I'm loving having family in Chicago. Here are a few tourist shots taken during our previous visit to the windy city.

A couple of iconic oils at the Art Institute:

americangothic.jpg

hopper.jpg

and the marvelous Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor, which everyone calls the Bean:

thebean.jpg

thelastbean.jpg

A picture of everyone taking the picture that everyone takes:

underthebean2.jpg

I took it too, of course:

underthebean.jpg

Sophie didn't want to wear a hat... until we started walking down Michigan Ave. That's what Dads are for.
This panorama is fun to see BIGGER. If you look closely, you can see the magic of photoshop at work.
Would you buy a hat from me on ebay?

bean_panorama_small.jpg

moonrise at 30,000 feet... home in an hour.

moonrise_at_30000ft.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, remarkable architectural detailing on that building. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall for your summit with rlk!

30 years in the making... it's all aggregate concrete.

We really have to start meeting like this.
I think I could visit half of the Fedora Lounge en route from Buffalo to Chicago.
It was a pleasure to meet Robert in person... and to touch that Dobbs 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points