Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Today, we checked out the Ingenuity festival in Cleveland. It's sort of an artsy/sciency fair. Really, it's an excuse for a million bands to play in one of the coolest venues around - the lower level of the Veterans Memorial Bridge, which was once where the streetcars ran, and which is closed for all but a day or two of the year.
DSC_0101-1.jpg

DSC_0030-2.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0017-5.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0083-2.jpg

DSC_0009-3.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
While it's really soft, the nap is quite short. I don't think it's anything more than a standard finish.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
It's been a long time since I posted. This is what I wore during an hour walk outside of the neighborhood, by the hills:

Photoon2011-09-17at23332.jpg

Modern Stetson Open Road, and I'm not sure about the glasses going much with the hat, but I've got to live with them. They're now daily-wear. Good thing they look like sunglasses when I wear them outdoors, so I guess they don't look out of place with a western hat. This is about how dark they look outdoors, as I just stepped inside before they lightened again:

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/Photoon2011-09-02at14383.jpg

Today i'm wearing another CC41 cap from my collection. This is one of my favourites. Again, 1-piece top with shaping darts in the rear of the crown. note also that none of these CC41 caps have leather sweatbands, whereas older and 1950s British caps have leather sweatbands.

The Venty-Cumf Cap. Ventilation and comfort. The "ventilation" is a contruction at the back of the brim, where the head rests against the brim, which is made of some kind of padded fabric material which was supposed to allow ventilation.

VentyCumf1.jpg

VentyCumf2.jpg

Great crest!

VentyCumf3.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The Good, nothing wrong with your glasses/hat combo; you merely look like A Smarter Cowboy.

Awesome cap, Baron K!

RLK, what a super color. Cinnamon Umber, I'll call it.

Very cute Milanese twins, there, RBH.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bond & Zetwal - thanks for the comments. That Black Cherry felt is still one of the best Art has.

RBH - the twins shot is just way too cute!!

Baron - I really like that cap. When I was growing up in the UK, all the old codgers seemed to be wearing caps similar to that.

Fantastic day here in New Hampshire. Since my beater Royal DeLuxe fell apart, my Campdraft is back to being my default outdoor hat:

photo-3-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo