Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
My newly acquired Royal Stetson Open Road! This is a late 50's hat and oh so soft!!! Windy enough today I could have use the wind trolly!!!

c0059faa.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've hardly removed this from my head the past few days. It's my newly acquired Resistol 3X Open Road clone: called the "Wide Country" and has a 2 1/4" brim. Some of you may have already seen this in the new hats thread, but I'm mesmerized by the "silver belly" that reflects a good deal of sage green. It's flawless save for a small shallow divit on the back of the underbrim, near about 2:00 in the 2nd photo.

Any insights on the vintage of this hat??

sbelly012copy.jpg

sbelly004.jpg

sbelly005copy.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Leaving in an hour for Lubbuck for the jobsite again so am wearing my Bushman again. Been wearing it all week. It's one of my three "daily" wearers that I wear more often than others. I hope it won't be as windy and dusty as Monday was!! The red dust turned my Nulabor Tan RED on Monday when I was out there !! :)
19870008.jpg

19870006-1.jpg

See ya when I get back :)

Great hats so far, gents.
Nice Westchester and Dobbs, JT and Cicero.
Fab OR, Kkaderly.
That Wide Country fits you well, Jeff. I would guess 50's vintage on that one.
Looks like you're ready for anything with that Bushman, MB.
And a sweet Borsa, Tom.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs for a blustery Fall morning.

Deep brown Dobbs 60's hat for this blustery Fall morning. Patio/deck furniture all ready for the snow in a few weeks. The unique shape of this hat, motivates me to have a light center dent and no side dents. It gives the hat a prefered profile. With bigger center dent and side dents the hat looks like the hat of the young door person at the fancy resturaunt we sometimes frequent. Not his better look, IMO.

Photo-on-2011-10-20-at-1020-S.jpg

Warm hatted, Eric -

Last edited:

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
My new silverbelly fedora at work. The tie is a map of the California coast with a red line indicating the San Andreas Fault. Today is The Great California ShakeOut and 8.6 million Californians will be participating in the largest earthquake drill in history.
6264225966_469c8b52bd_b.jpg

Here's another shot of just the hat:
6201498187_9f7849927a_b.jpg

Oops! Time to go! ShakeOut begins at 10:20 AM!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Afternoon with Viscount.

This afternoon I had a couple of meetings and out came my Stetson Viscount. The distinct styling and the color pop when I wear my boiled wool loden colored jacket (Geiger). The informal meeting was at a local coffee shop. All three of us, gentlemen, wore felt hats.

Photo-on-2011-10-20-at-1251-2-S.jpg

Contented with carmel hat and carmel colored coffee, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou