Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Man

Banned
Desdinova721 said:
Blue skies today.

El Cheapo Bollman Panama:
14m2.jpg

Nice, dude. Love that ribbon.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Before the snows come, reach for the Panama.

Sun's shining, yet snow is forecast [huh] So reached for the English rollup Panama (Made in Equador;) ). Nice bronze original vintage ribbon adorning it, and with the high crown gives plenty of ventilation.

Casablanca004.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Today, I decided to wear my Resistol "pseudo" derby.

P1050020.jpg

It used to be a flat brimmed Homburg, but I'm well fixed on Homburgs and didn't have a derby.

P1040098.jpg
looks great JT! Is about the only difference between a derby and Homburg the crease?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
looks great JT! Is about the only difference between a derby and Homburg the crease?

It seems a derby (or bowler, depending on which country you're in) is supposed to have a hard (really hard!) crown, and a distinctive pleated liner. But, on your head, from a distance, an uncreased Homburg can fool some of the people, some of the time. :)

kschurch

Vendor
PADDY said:
Sun's shining, yet snow is forecast [huh] So reached for the English rollup Panama (Made in Equador;) ). Nice bronze original vintage ribbon adorning it, and with the high crown gives plenty of ventilation.

Casablanca004.jpg

Hey Paddy,

Lovely outifit! Is that a Manhattan in your hand?

Double Cheers,

Church

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
My wife and I spent the afternoon at a small local renaissance faire (Four Winds, near Tyler, Texas). She wore her Jimmy Pierce custom. I sported a Resistol 6X, considerably reworked from its original state. (Nobody said a word about my hat. Several women did "ooh and aah" over my coat, though.)

P1050140.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.....JT

J.T.Marcus said:
My wife and I spent the afternoon at a small local renaissance faire (Four Winds, near Tyler, Texas). She wore her Jimmy Pierce custom. I sported a Resistol 6X, considerably reworked from its original state. (Nobody said a word about my hat. Several women did "ooh and aah" over my coat, though.)

P1050140.jpg
You two look great.....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BTW, Indy and Dee....you guys look great in Green together as well.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Looks great Alan! I want a ridge in a diamond crease on my next one from Art and I just wonder if it stays as pronounced as straw or if you have to shape it every now and then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles