Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Teaser - my first VS Fedora

I stopped by the USPS office and picked up my first VS fedora. My time is limited as I have a meeting in a couple minutes and I barely had time to carefully remove the hat from it's protective packaging. I will try to capture the hat's features later and post them on the Art Fawcett thread.

Photo-on-2011-11-15-at-1032-M.jpg

Sahara, 2.5" brim with Fawcett ribbon is FINE!

Art, if you are listening, I AM IMPRESSED!

More coming!

Hatted in total satisfaction, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That is great, Eric! We must be on a similar wavelength. I've decided on my falcon park today.
everything163copy.jpg

Actually, though it is a very different hat, I donned it after thinking about that Stetson 4X western fedora that sold on ebay last night.

Congratulations, by the way!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Some ravishing felt today, gentlemen!

Perry: Magnificent Borsalino...it looks soooo soft. That low profile felted edge is pretty special, too.

Eric: You are off to a great hat day! Beautiful Strat and a knock-out of a VS. Congrats!

Dennis: Thanks, the Silverbelly is as smooth as a baby's bottom, and is my favorite felt hat. Do you still have your wonderful Optimo Porcelain?

Jeff: What a fantastic looking lid, your Falcon Park!

Last edited:
Nice Belgian, Cicero.
Your IJ looks good, Henry.
That Art is magnificent, Eric. Good luck on the dog show. We do agility with our dogs, much less stressful than confirmation!
Great 30's profile on that Falcon Park, Jeff.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That is great, Eric! We must be on a similar wavelength. I've decided on my falcon park today.
everything163copy.jpg

Actually, though it is a very different hat, I donned it after thinking about that Stetson 4X western fedora that sold on ebay last night.

Bowler-guy; Nice hat pic. Your creative pic offerings I look forward to viewing. Congrats on the new hat. Any hints as to your creative idea?

Enjoy your distinctive hats sir! Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric! Likewise, I always look forward to seeing your very fine collection! I should clarify, perhaps-- this Falcon Park is a custom I received last summer. I just watched that Stetson from afar yesterday. No current design projects for me right now, unfortunately. Well, maybe some oboe reeds...

Perry-- that 30s Borso is very cool-- great profile, great bash!

coble

A-List Customer
I stopped by the USPS office and picked up my first VS fedora. My time is limited as I have a meeting in a couple minutes and I barely had time to carefully remove the hat from it's protective packaging. I will try to capture the hat's features later and post them on the Art Fawcett thread.

Photo-on-2011-11-15-at-1032-M.jpg

Sahara, 2.5" brim with Fawcett ribbon is FINE!

Art, if you are listening, I AM IMPRESSED!

More coming!

Hatted in total satisfaction, Eric -

beautiful design, your sahara looks a little lighter then mine from Art, i wonder if thats the lighting. It almost has a dove felt color to it. Either way, still think it looks good. EXCELLENT JOB ART.

coble

A-List Customer
everything163copy.jpg

is that a welted edge? and whats the color of felt, as well as bow color. Great looking hat, i like the way you shaped the brim.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
beautiful design, your sahara looks a little lighter then mine from Art, i wonder if thats the lighting. It almost has a dove felt color to it. Either way, still think it looks good. EXCELLENT JOB ART.

Cobble; The color is distorted from the morning sun coming in the windows behind me. It washed the colors out, if only it would do the same to the coffee stain that I got on my slacks. As reference, I am wearing a forest green sweater and a white, green and barn red stripped shirt. I do recall your Sahara, as I did like the features, clor and texture. How is your VS hat fairing?

Thanks for taking a look and commenting, Eric

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
great looking hat Alan, i like the fact that everything is the same color, really gives it a clean look. The crease in the crown also suits the design very well. +1

imperial10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto - fantastic Borsalino.

B'Man - great shot, Jeff.

Josh - great shot and fantastic hat.

Eric - nothing like getting one's first VS. Yours is a great example of Art's work.

Something way different for me today. I've never before worn a western - I totally feel that the hat is wearing me! It's a really nice Resistol though.

smugshot6246985-L.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
Cobble; The color is distorted from the morning sun coming in the windows behind me. It washed the colors out, if only it would do the same to the coffee stain that I got on my slacks. As reference, I am wearing a forest green sweater and a white, green and barn red stripped shirt. I do recall your Sahara, as I did like the features, clor and texture. How is your VS hat fairing?

Thanks for taking a look and commenting, Eric

I took some photos, i changed the brim design a little. But thats because i gave it a bath, and combed it out, and i redid the teardrop. Its fairing extremely well, its a little over a year now, and fits like a glove. The sahara really doesnt get as dirty as i thought it would, Art is using really great beaver felt. Also dealing with the texture it still has that long hair to it, especially after i combed it out, so its aging really well, for reference of change in brim my avatar is how it used to look. I also took the pinch out of the front. I just used a rough brush, and soap and water.
380774_10150463292810350_503590349_11163169_1204297120_n.jpg
382159_10150463293810350_503590349_11163170_618049274_n.jpg
320654_10150463294575350_503590349_11163172_842712284_n.jpg
389017_10150463295365350_503590349_11163174_1718308049_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot