Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

job

One Too Many
I have been wearing my Tesi sisol staw hat today. The temps are near 80.

hats270.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank You

Many thanks to all you gents for your kind words!

Steve: Much appreciated words from the Kaiser of Velouria lol , and I mean that sincerely!

Ale: One of the better Cappas I have seen. Beautiful varnish, and a splendid back of the best Italian Oppio maple.

Josh: Where are YOUR primo goods, old chap?! It has been far too long since you delighted us with one of your spectacular lids.

Eric: I cannot believe you let the nice stewardess hang your gorgeous new VS up, pilot's closet or not! I for one would not let that beauty out of my sight for one second.

Jeff: The Shrine To Music Museum, as the National Music Museum was formerly known, is indeed a national cultural treasure, and a mecca for luthiers, instrument makers, musicians and historians alike. A collection as diverse as it is interesting.

BR: Glad you like the portrait. Lydia spoke with Garrett on the phone after we bought his painting, and, as with many other talented young artists starting out, it is not always easy. He paints in his spare time, working as a security guard, and was happy to hear how highly we and many others thought of his work.

Best wishes for your move to Chile!

Alan: lol That stellar plate flake was positively...stellar, a singular snowflake on a hat decorated with the more mundane simple prism and column crystals.

Glad to see that Golden Period Strad being used to play contemporary music. Was it a 'named' instrument? Not all Strads are equal, of course, and I am partial to Golden Period Strads, but I have played some early and very late Strads which are quite superb. Lily is young and the accordion is an easy-to-love instrument that makes everyone smile, but give her time, she may yet cause you more distraction with the violin!

Eric(yet again): Thanks, and I could not agree more!

Last edited:
Akubra Wanderer...

I picked a good, durable hat to bring with me & stay in Cincinnati.
It was rainy yesterday & this morning.
My customized Akubra Moonstone Fed4 that I tweaked to be like a Wanderer is serving me well.
I used the dampness to set the crease & brim shape some more...
Photo-0119.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David: A perfect choice to Nokabout in. Beautiful.
It's good to see that old friend of mine looking great on your head, David! :eusa_clap

Thanks guys - I really enjoy wearing this hat.

AL - super photos and very nice Borsalinos today.

SBG - great to see how much you are enjoying your VS!

Mr Dean - your Akubra Wanderer tempts me to get a Fed IV, just to get it converted. Really cool hat!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks David. Just Tom or GT will do...no need for the formal stuff.
I'm tempted to get a David Morgan "reject" Akubra Adventurer & have it modified at those prices!

You should be making the most of it - I'm not polite very often :D:D

I looked at the Adventurer as well, but I'd want a grey or green for this kind of hat, not a brown like the "reject" A's.

JT - my Campdraft is my foul weather hat as well!

Duper

Practically Family
I picked a good, durable hat to bring with me & stay in Cincinnati.
It was rainy yesterday & this morning.
My customized Akubra Moonstone Fed4 that I tweaked to be like a Wanderer is serving me well.
I used the dampness to set the crease & brim shape some more...
Photo-0119.jpg

I like Wanderer version. Very nice indeed.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
I've read the posts about getting the CD soaked by rain to soften and add character. I have been wearing it more often than my vintage Stetsons and I'm sure it will get more foul weather wear. I really like the comfortable fit and feel of this hat. I have changed the bash a couple of times and seem to like this variation of the cattleman's crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR