Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
img3345pl.jpg

Akubra Stylemaster. A friend wanted to test his new camera flashes with some noir shots and I was happy to oblige.

Excellent photo and hat.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
David JH-- you look like you were having a great time today! I know how you feel about homburgs, but I think you could pull off that Adam with flying colors! Nice Porti, as well.

The Lark-- +1 on how great a photo that is. very cool.

Though I've actually been wearing my black brooks beaver pretty much all week long, I gave my new navy velour Dobbs Golden Coach "Tarantula" western a short whirl in public today...

(I have to credit Aureliano for his trademark photo angle here :) )

001copyyx.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
B'Man - thanks for the comment on the weekend hats, Jeff. I must admit, I quite liked the Adam Homburg - tempting because good shape and nice price.

That velour western is very nice, good job getting it into shape.

Rodkins - that Royal Scot is a nice hat, Mike.

For me, just Noking About on Mallory Monday

smugshot5827518-L.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Catching up on a splendid week of hats. Well done, gentlemen, one and all! I am really looking forward to a great Thanksgiving week and having more time to contribute to the forum.

Jeff: Fantastic, plush Dobbs with style to spare. Looks great on you.

Steve: Very nice Dermotta. Love the fore and aft pinches.

Mike: Always have liked that Royal Scot on you.

David: A perfect choice to Nokabout in. Beautiful.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Weekend

This past weekend I decided to press both of the Borsalinos I received late this week into service. The first, a 6X Marque Grand Luxe Velour I was able to buy thanks to the thoughtfulness and kindness of a forum friend. The second, a non-Bulgarian Trionfo.

At the Minneapolis College Of Art And Design's annual art sale Saturday morning. 'Shelley With Bunny', by Garrett Bergemann.

Each year we look forward to discovering compelling works by talented young artists at the show. This year, we were particularly smitten by this poignant portrait of the artist's Mom.

The fuzzy Borsalino with its 2-1/8" brim was a perfect choice for what turned out to be the first storm of the season, complete with biting winds and driving snow.

Hanging out at my friend John Waddle's cozy violin shop during the Winter Storm advisory, admiring and studying a 330 year old Italian beauty, a violin by Gioffredo Cappa.

Back home safe and sound as the road conditions became ever more treacherous.

Clearing the front path of snow and ice Sunday morning.

The Trionfo has a thin, light felt with a semi-suede finish and low-profile, felted edge.

Enjoying Sunday brunch with my parents, visiting from California to see Ryan in his school play.

Sunday afternoon matinee of Ryan's school play: 'The Boys Next Door '. A heart-warming, funny and thought provoking tear-jerker by playwright Tom Griffin. Ryan played the part of Barry Klemper.

A final picture following the last show of the production. We always enjoy the brilliant, exceptional theater and musical productions at Ryan's school, and spent all of our evenings this past week and weekend with the kids during final rehearsals and all of the performances.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Bored and waiting for my plane flight back to the Twin Cities, MN, USA. I did travel with my VS. Wore the hat onto the flight last Friday and the flight attendant offered to hang the hat in the pilots closet. The pilot commented on the hat as my gymnasts and I were leaving the plane. Apparently no need to worry about my hat!

Photo-on-2011-11-21-at-0939-2-S.jpg

I hope I come home and find the walks and driveway shoveled. Bored, hoping and waiting.

Entertaining myself reading the forum posts, Eric -

:eusa_clap
Wow nice hats and pics from this weekend folks!
:eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Steve-- cool 'burg!

Al-- wonderful montage. Hope you're not snowed in today! I love the head-down shoveling pic-- really makes the Trionfo glow. You also really pull off that 2 1/8 stingy brim-- very sharp, clean look.
But the Capa violin is astounding. What a perfect photo.

We have a rather amazing museum down here in Vermillion, SD, of ancient, historical, and unique instruments and related paraphernalia. I'm fortunate to know a few of the curators and on occasion they let me down into the catacomb archives. I know, I know-- I didn't believe it either when I first moved here, but the National Music Museum is actually pretty unbelievable!

They put on a lunch recital series where a few of the period harpsichords, clavichords, pianofortes, and organs make regular appearances. Haven't been down there yet this year.
http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/index.html

Eric-- just saw your VS post-- that hat is rightfully becoming a quick favorite of yours! Did you have a team competing somewhere? My daughters had their first competitive cheer competition yesterday-- definitely a first of this type of experience for dad, too...! But I think my youngest wants to go back to straight gymnastics next season.

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Al, you’ve provided, once again, a great series of photos. I have to agree with you about the young artist, I too particularly like the portrait of the artist’s mom.

Eric, love the VS. Good luck on finding the the walks and driveway cleared of snow.

All of this talk of cold weather and snow has me looking forward to our winter move to Chile. Warm weather, good food and wine.

BR

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowlerman and BR for the "thumbs-up." My new Silloutette is truly my fav. I know I need to wear others and that is coming when I get home.

My gymnasts and I went down to Texas to the US Gymnastics National Training Center. Kind of a tune-up visit for future competitions for gymnasts and their coaches. National staff is helpfull and looking to develop future "stars" and even short balding guy coaches. Our Compulsary (Level 4-6)season is under way and the Optional (Level 7-10) begins in a short 2 weeks. Regions, Classics, Inter-national comps, Nationals and who knows - London Games are ahead of us. Many of our athletes have been training full time (20-30 hours a week) for years. Devoted tough, buff and pretty young ladies. I, with certainly much bias, encourage your daughter to chase her passion in gymnastics. Love the passion, love the sport because all of us can be denied by injury or any other of the many life foibles that take us away.

Back to hats.....I understand that I have a couple of boxes waiting for me in my study. New hats! Cool. Thanksgiving should give time to open them up and see what treasures I might find. The expectation keeps me in the game.

Chilie, and the other S.American mountain countries, BR, brings back pleasant memories of June-August ski training. You rock sir!

Bring on the hats! Eric -

This past weekend I decided to press both of the Borsalinos I received late this week into service. The first, a 6X Marque Grand Luxe Velour I was able to buy thanks to the thoughtfulness and kindness of a forum friend. The second, a non-Bulgarian Trionfo.

Al, that center mounted snowflake is not real, right?? Wonderful pictures and hats, as always.

We went to a new music concert on Sunday and sat in the front row to hear an avant-garde quartet perform a tango for piano, violin, bass and accordian. The violin was a 1709 Strad... getting pounded pretty heavily at times. My daughter was smitten by the accordian, which caused me all sorts of distraction from more important auctions on ebay last night. I'm just glad she wasn't smitten by the violin. 8^o

Bored and waiting for my plane flight back to the Twin Cities, MN, USA. I did travel with my VS. Wore the hat onto the flight last Friday and the flight attendant offered to hang the hat in the pilots closet. The pilot commented on the hat as my gymnasts and I were leaving the plane. Apparently no need to worry about my hat!

Photo-on-2011-11-21-at-0939-2-S.jpg

When the captain comments on your hat instead of the posse of young gymnasts, you know you picked out a good one. Looks great on you, Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot