Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the past few days

DSCN7130.jpg

DSCN7116.jpg

DSCN7124.jpg

You have seen them all before but hey they are comfy. I have been on a tie binge lately. I found a few vintage stores in west LA that had some great ones.

kiltie

Practically Family
Douglas

You get a lot of "nice hat"s around here, and they ARE nice hats. Today, however, I noticed that it's more than that. With a good cross section of ribbons in that string of pictures, it's clear that you simply wear a hat well. The style and width of a ribbon makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a hat - the thinner ones looking...uhhh...more dynamic? I'm not sure the adjective I'm looking for here. But the wider ones more conservative: you know, hat personalities. In any event, I have to say a better percentage of the way your hats come off is the way they look on YOU. Dinerman does it, too. I think it's the fact that they're not being displayed for approval - it's just, "here's my hat" confidence. Even with the lack of any sense of time or place in the picture. Definately an instance of "the man makes the clothes".
Oh, yeah....Nice hats, by the way!

bolthead

RBH said:
Bolt.. you have to be MR STINGY!!!!! You look like I wish I could in a short brim. ALWAYS WELL DONE! :eusa_clap
Thanks my friend...I can say the same about you when it comes to those tall Crowns. I wish I could pull 'em off the way you do. :D

btw, I had to swap my new specs already and get different ones. The others wouldn't work for me, bummer.....I liked them much better too. [huh]

DOUGLAS

Thanks very much gentlemen. I don't consider my hats accessories,they are an essential part of my wardrobe. I don't feel correct unless I have at least one with me. I keep several at work just in case something happens or my mood changes. I choose them based on the colors I will wear on that day. I try not to fuss too much with the creases and as a result perhaps the hats look a bit sloppy but for me it is a more natural way of wearing them. I don't want to fight the hat. Each one has its own bash that is ment for it. I prefer a center dent with an front upper crown pinch but some hats just don't go for it. They look better with a diamond or C. Each lets me know what it wants.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Each lets me know what it wants.
I'm not great with words but I know this feeling, I love my "Remembrance" hat from Art and I wanted it with a center dent but it just kept nagging at me that it needed a diamond. Now that it has the diamond crease it feels like it cannot be anymore perfect!:rolleyes:

DOUGLAS

indycop said:
I wanted it with a center dent but it just kept nagging at me that it needed a diamond. Now that it has the diamond crease it feels like it cannot be anymore perfect!:rolleyes:

That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart