Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids today and yesterday.

Al, I sneaked another look at the Optimo. Jeepers that is a sharp hat.

Perry, the contrast trim on the hat sure make it look special.

David, Tum-H2O days are special for us viewers.

Mike: Adventurous hat.

Jeff: You are the man with a 1,000 looks. You wear the hat well.

My hats tipped in salute to the many great hats.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Adams Executive this morning.

Early practice at the gym and back home. I have a broken left ring finger, a slight darkened eye (left) and a mark on my big nose from getting in the way when spotting some difficult Uneven Bars dismounts. Athlete good to go, coach saying "ouch." No bone poking out, no gushing blood - Good to go! Nursing my hurts and ego. I used photo shop to help even the skin tones out on the pic below.

Dog walk and completed morning chores. I spent time in my Executive. It is one of my fav's. The brown is richer than the pic. The gills add feature and interest when I am about town. The only flaw in this 60+ year old hat is the repaired wind trolley. It broke protecting the hat from a gust of wond. I tried splicing the cord back together. Small dabs of superglue after my scout training in splicing was attemtped. It took several hours with my reading glasses and under another magnifing glass with tweezers. Not successfull. The wind trolley is now for looks only.

IMG0185-L.jpg

Enjoying the weather as it is forecast to end later this week, Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Eric, your Adam Exec is really sweet. Perhaps it will distract you from the pain! Hope you heal quickly. Even the thought of any sort of finger injury is dizzying to me. Oh, I gotta go lie down for a minute-- maybe you should be doing the same! :)

By the way, I have enormous respect for people like you, spotting like that. My daughter broke her arm falling off the high bar when she was... four or five I think... because someone wasn't spotting. It had to be pinned-- terrifying and heartbreaking for me to see my baby girl like that.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys, but I really am fine. Truly. :cool: The bumps and hits are part of being a proffessional coach. A Jamacian athlete we had i the gym would always say, "No troubles mate, just situations." This is just a momentary situation. :eek:

As to the finger, I am playing my guitar out on Sunday. Anti-inflamatories are de-rigor for the next days. I still have to practice tonight and I will think about all the alternate fingerings I can. Fingerstyle 20-40's blues will be challenging. I am up to the challenge.

This afternoon I am heading to the gym in my creme Adam Executive sans windcord. Same situation, the cord broke and I removed the traces. My older hats get real life wear. The wind cord is not very durable after 60+ years.

IMG0209-M.jpg

Finished using ice and will start the commute to the gym shortly, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Another banner day, gents. Great hats all around.

David: Your splendid Tumwater is a fine choice to head to the polls in.

Mike: You looked great yesterday in that Borsalino, but a little tired from all that bluewater action the day before. :fish2:

Jeff: I really like your grey ensemble, but what are you switching to for Mahler rehearsal?

Perry: Browns really look smashing today.

Eric: Fantastic looking ADAM, and my compliments on your wonderful, even better photos of late. They really showcase your beautiful hats well. Thank you for your kind words again on my Optimo Silverbelly. Above all else, I hope you are feeling better and will make a speedy recovery.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks taking a look and enjoy my Adam hats Al. My hats are visually swell, wear well and my finger is starting to swell.:p:cool: Seriousely, I will be fine. The minor hurts in life always go away quickly. Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, your Adam Exec is really sweet. ....By the way, I have enormous respect for people like you, spotting like that. My daughter broke her arm falling off the high bar when she was... four or five I think... because someone wasn't spotting. It had to be pinned-- terrifying and heartbreaking for me to see my baby girl like that.

B-man; Bad news the pins for your daughters injury. Physically kids heal quickly. Mentally they heal with more variablility. Here's hoping she is strong and powerfull mentally with high bar!! Side note from hat stuff: Man can I light up the scanners at the airport when they scan me. Ankles, hands, hip and ribs really get the folks rialed up initially. For special requests I keep some Dr. notes in my passport. ;) Once the find out about the pins, they truly treat me with kid gloves. No need, but they uniformly do. Most do not understand that the soft tissue or joint injuries provide more discomfort. Anyhow...back to hats.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. It is a Strat clone custom produced by Black Jack, jwalls, hince The Black Jack Strat. He made it on a vintage Stratoliner block from a vintage body he had over a year ago or so.

Gtdean; I was waiting to garner more details before commenting as I did not recognize the hat brand or model. Nevertheless, it is very sharp. Any comments to as how it might differ on feel, visual or wear from the many great Strat's you have? Sharp hat.

Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot