Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Blue gray 50s Penney's Marathon. It cost its original owner $4.98, and the current owner a bit more.

DSCN1155-1-1.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Very nice Marathon, Andy.

Many thanks. The hat came to me in very clean condition, and it remains a fedora I wear mostly on the weekend.

I've yet to get the color of this Marathon correct using a flash indoors. In all my indoor photos it looks somewhat purple. But in person there's no purple to the hat - just a gray that tends towards blue. The camera is quite old and not all that expensive. But it gets most colors correct, just not this one.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This is my first attempt at posting a photo. Please excuse the quality. My family in front of my 52 International Pickup last July. Im wearing a Biltmore Milan.

Photo looks good to me.

And I'd like to see more of the International. It looks like a cool truck ... :car:

Shohei

Familiar Face
Great hat Scooter! love that ribbon - it looks really big! Is that the case?

daizawaguy looking good that hat was made for you.

I hope that that Falcon doesn't leave your Park and land in oooh say rural NB :D Looks perfect John!

Love that angle, but far less than your lid Ale! Nice shot of it all!

Nice shot David, though my hat problem is demanding a brighter shot of the hat :)

I adore that penny Andy.

JB your jacket is awesome and your Fed tops it off perfectly.

Nice westerns Joe, John & son! Again I wish I could pull em off.

Today is a no photo day, So I have to paint a quick picture with my words(Lame I know but still no refunds!).
Started off in my Open Road (okay its becoming my every other day hat...).
However that changed due to frozen kitchen sink drain caused by the drop in temp, the insulation on the pipes mysteriously vanished and the terrible long lingering slope that runs 15 feet before heading to the ground. Good part is I know know the problem, Bad part is spending a lot of time crawling around in army greens on frozen ground in snow and dirt bad for the back and knees and knowing aint half the battle with frozen pipes. Im giving it a day or two with heat before I get real serious and start cutting.

My much better and cutter half is in Cuba right now (I'm sure very worried about the drain :p) and its me and the kids (6 in April and 3 March) for a week straight! Wish us luck!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice shot David, though my hat problem is demanding a brighter shot of the hat :)

Thanks Dirk. Sorry to hear of your plumbing problem - had some of those frozen pipe issues myself over the years.

Here's a proper shot of the hat - this one was previously owned by Alan.

If you ever get the chance to acquire a Marque Grand Luxe, grab it without delay - the felt on these is outstanding.

D329395-L.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
MAN it has been a heck of a weekend for everyone.

scooter-- great colors, great crease on that!
d-guy-- nice proportions! did you take it in for a Guinness?
job-- both awesome. Falcon-out-of-the-Park!
Ale -- no words for that scrumptious grey Optimo... what a beauty.
Andy-- looks like that was made for you. Such nice greys recently!
JB-- you make me want a Fed IV... ho boy... so classy looking when you wear it.
David-- what can I say? your collection is superfine.
Shohei--good luck with the pipes. not fun. I have dealt with this a bit before-- definitely a bandanna or baseball cap type of project for me (gotta have something to keep the hair out of my face)!

I wore a few these past few days. First my Dobbs guild edge:
003copyc.jpg

Then my Resistol Wide Country. This is getting waaay more noggin time than I originally expected. It truly is conforming amazingly.
006copys.jpg

And Lee silver label homburg to play Mozart's Oboe Quartet this afternoon with some very fine colleagues.
012copyd.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Great photos, Jeff. I'm going to copy you and start wearing my hair down again, looks great!

( you guys knew I have long hair, right? :eeek:)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Please add my similar sentiments, Hoyt! great photo, great family, great hat!

My wife and I took a night away (about four miles away, but still...) to keep from getting too much cabin fever.

Resistol on a Harp:
0121121720copy.jpg

I was hoping for fish n' chips, but that's hard to find in Sioux Falls... settled for the bangers and mashed.
0121121722copy.jpg

lovely morning view from the hotel room window:
008copyr.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great photos, Jeff. I'm going to copy you and start wearing my hair down again, looks great!

( you guys knew I have long hair, right? :eeek:)

you couldn't hide that from me, my friend! :) Let it down! (though I might have to copy you and get some ray ban aviators)
(Thanks Ale, Alan, for the props!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff