Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohei

Familiar Face
Great hats, gentlemen. I love the caracter of Alan's wild Strat!
Dirk, I've had long hair for years (11?) but last year, in January, I cut it short. A year after, it's almost as long as it used to be.
Nice! Due to genetics and religious reasons I keep shaved. Last time I had long hair was in late 80s (read mullet!).
Of all the things I have done/had done this head, piercings,long hair, no hair etc... the fedora has been the wisest!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
thanks jbucklin. It took me only ( :eeek: ) three years to find mine. Although not uncommon, they are not regular visitors of the bay and when one with a generous brim shows, they go high. Mine is not even my size. I had to work my magic (read, take the whole thing apart, stretch leather, re-block, re-assamble, order ribbon from Optimo and craft the bow...phew!) to make it fit without compromising its mint condition sweat and felt.It was a 6 7/8! :eeek:

Last edited:

Shohei

Familiar Face
Thanks JB!
The one I have on I was able to bash around with out steam (though i used a little to finish it in the c it has now)
I do no know a lot about them but I get good feed back on it and its one of my go to's. I will get another if i find one im my size (7 3/8)

scooter

Practically Family
Well then, Ale, if you do have long hair and wear it up, how does that impact your hat sizing? Must you buy hats larger to accommodate your hair? I can't imagine any other solution, as even a haircut impacts how my hats fit.

And Dirk, that is a nice hat and it suits you well.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Well then, Ale, if you do have long hair and wear it up, how does that impact your hat sizing? Must you buy hats larger to accommodate your hair? I can't imagine any other solution, as even a haircut impacts how my hats fit.

:eek:fftopic:
Good question, Rob. I started wearing hats when my hair was long. I'm a 1/8. When I cut it las year I didn't think about the fit of my hats and got really freaked out on my way home from the barber :eeek:
To my surprise ('cause I tried them all on one by one) only my Optimo styled panana fit big. My guess is that the thickness of my hair ramained the same while the lenght was reduced? [huh]

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Beauties so far today, gentlemen.
Shohei-- looks sharp, clean lines-- 2 inch brim?
Ale-- seriously? you totally renovated that Disney? It looks amazing-- nice work!

On the hair note: I had long hair most of my life, and have had a few periods of buzzing it. I did find a difference, particularly with the bowlers. I think I'm closer to a large 7 with short hair, but an easy 7 1/8 with it long. Once in awhile I can get away with a 1/4 with minimal padding. My resistol wide country is a 1/4, and has pretty much self-conformed without any aids whatsoever.
Oh- and I'm getting impatient with the tie-back! The front is taking so long to grow enough to pull back with the rest of it. :)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Ale-- seriously? you totally renovated that Disney? It looks amazing-- nice work!

Yeah! I had to take it apart so, after I made the leather a 1/8, I could reblock the body to the new size. Once I made the bow and sew the liner and sweat back, I re-flanged the brim as well. I did the same thing to one of the Borsalinos I recently bought in Roma. The lupo one, also a 6 7/8.

Thanks for letting the leopard trimmed Strat out of the doghouse... I really appreciate it, guys!

Alan: Always enjoy seeing you wear it, but you need a nice Holland & Holland to go with that lid!

hmmm... a little over the top for me, I think... but I would enjoy one of Mike's custom fishing rods... :)

Lotsa fine choices already today... special call out to David's zephyr and those two fine Disneys from Ale and Dirk. Well worn.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for letting the leopard trimmed Strat out of the doghouse... I really appreciate it, guys!

hmmm... a little over the top for me, I think... but I would enjoy one of Mike's custom fishing rods... :)

Lotsa fine choices already today... special call out to David's zephyr and those two fine Disneys from Ale and Dirk. Well worn.
I am always open to trade or barter :)
I have to be careful, though, because I'm in this lounge to enjoy hats - not to sell fishing rods.

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for the compliments and kind words of encouragement.I appreciate them so much and look forward to getting better at this so I can display more pictures amongst the great ones posted here by fellow loungers.

CCF01232012_00000.jpg
[/IMG]
CCF01232012_00001.jpg
[/IMG]
CCF01222012_00002.jpg
[/IMG]
CCF01222012_00000.jpg
[/IMG]

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Making a "withdrawl" from the First National Bank of Northfield, Minnesota, Friday afternoon. Stetson 4X Beaver conversion.

Taking a respite at Hogan Bros. Acoustic Cafe, from the frigid temperatures which hovered around 0-3F all day. Dealing with the condensation on my spectacle and camera lens.

Leaving the scene with my "gang" Saturday afternoon. Louis Sullivan's National Farmer's Bank in Owatonna, Minnesota. Lee Blue Label "Trinity".

Straight from the bank to the Steele County Courthouse.

Sunday morning stroll with my "gang". '50-'53, O.P.S.-tagged Dobbs Gay Prince.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
The Royal Stetson Zephyr Weight
smugshot8011203-L.jpg

David, I can't say enough good things about that Zephyr Weight. The colors, dimensions, and overall look are just fantastic. Excellent!!!

Great lids, guys.
VS Pecan Artlite Today
17f41164.jpg

Mike, that Artlite looks phenominal on you!! I love the tall crown matched with thin ribbon.

Wearing my Disney Twenty silverbelly

5fc5043f.jpg

Ale, the Disney is a work of art. The colors go so well together. That ribbon work is great!

Rain forest expedition. :rain:

012312.jpg

Now, THATS a hatband, Alan!! Its a pretty neat combo to have fur on fur felt.

All your hats are spectacular, Al. I just love this conversion. It looks wonderful!!!

The prince is great. For some reason, it really brings back a time in fashion history that I remember my parents living in - if that makes any sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy