Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Today, vintage feather weight Borsalino.

c0f47337-1.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It's nice to see white that's not snow, Z! Especially surrounded by green.

It didn't freeze here (yet) this year. What's more, we have had quite a bit of rain. Many plants (though not all) are still green and growing. Some are even budding already.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David. Great color on that Strat. really wonderful.

Thanks, Jeff. The Stephen L looks good on a snowy morning.

Looking great Mike and Dave as usual.

Cheers, Hatto!

David, beautiful Strat today.

Thanks, Manfred. Is it getting any warmer out your way yet?

Great lids to start the week, gentlemen!
Mike and David: Nice fleet of Stratoliners. From the angle of your photo, David, the pin looks like a B-17! lol

Thanks, AL. The pin is a vintage Stratoliner - my other Strat has a repro DC3.
D313998-L.jpg

Nice hats from you today, I always like to see the Royal Hatworks and that super Mallory.

I wore my recently acquired Borsalino natalsca to the office. The tall crown and skin tone color will not be the easiest to wear, but you have to love the beautiful hats that Borsalino made in the fifties.

I'm with you on the colour of the Borsalino, Alan, but it is a cool looking hat.

John - the western looks good on you.

Robert - even though it might be brown, that is an incredible Borsalino.

Z - the featherweight looks to be a very nice hat.

TipTop

Practically Family
Don't want to overpost, but I not only received this today, but late this afternoon, wore it strolling the dogs along the Hudson. See the whole Thoroughbred story (before & after, receipt, box, feathers, etc. on Post New Hats here)

15164633-lg.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: Thanks! It is the old National Farmer's Bank Of Owatonna, a Louis Sullivan masterpiece in red brick, terra cotta, and stained glass. Presently, a Wells Fargo bank.

John: Do not sell yourself short. That 3X looks great on you.

Alan: Appreciate the kind words. It is not my normal routine to be running to the bank, but Ryan and his string quartet were anxiously rehearsing for their first gig at our home, and they felt too nervous and self-conscious to have Lydia and me listening to them. Ergo, my unplanned trip accompanying Lydia to the bank, and the supermarket, and a movie. I must say, however, that whenever I find myself at the bank, I always enjoy sitting on the original Arts And Crafts benches up in the gallery, reveling in the splendor of the space. It is a sublime place.

David: Many thanks for your kind comment! Very nice, original Stratoliner pin. I hope you know that I was just being frivolous with my B-17 remark, but, believe it or not, the Boeing 307 "Stratoliner" was in fact based on that stalwart four-engined heavy bomber, the B-17!

billyspew: Thank you! I love your sartorial style. The ADAM is fantastic!

Steve: A gorgeous hat, that Hückel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic