Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Lousy morning today decided to spend some money called Art. Fantastic guy to talk too. Ordered a HST. Went to my local western guy and talked in detail about the hat. He laughed and went back and came out with a box and said I do more than westerns, and took out the exact hat, same color and specs. Told me a guy ordered it from a stetson shell six months ago, no deposit no call. The thing was my size and looked great. sold it to me for a nice price. The stetson will not compare to a VS lid but its very nice. I bought the hat came back and told Art the story and said I'll need a color change he said good deal just wait till you get the swatches. All of a sudden my day is looking a whole lot better. I'll post pics of the new lid when I get home tonight.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas: Dobbs Cross Country

Not only do I appreciate the beauty of that fine piece of headwear, I had a nostalgic flashback over the name. At the age of eleven, I made the trip from Georgia to California, in the back of a 1957 Rambler "Cross Country" station wagon. (It's a great memory, but I'd hate to do it again!) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
My Knox 20 again, in my recent "expedition" to the House of 1000 Doors in my area. I posted some pics in Steamer Trunk section. Concerning playing Indy Jones (well, fake Indy Jones wears stingy!), the good things:

Wearing hat and leather jacket makes you feel very protected in scouring the old buildings, into the tunnel, etc.

Bad:

It's hot! Although my jacket is breathable and still comfortable to wear despite the warm day my shirt is soaking wet after the trip!

LS-towerbalconycropped.jpg

LS_bridgecropped.jpg

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Pics of the hat I posted about earlier, sorry I'm not much of a photographer. The color is a nice suttle sage green, the ribbon is a lighter green. I know Art's hat will be much nicer but this is not a bad deal.

P1011227-1.jpg
P1011228-1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks J.T., I understand your nostalgia.

Paddy, Your photos never cease to captivate. The last is one of the finest I have seen you in.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Stoney said:
That's a great looking stingy brim Yohanes. Please tell us a little more about it.

Thanks, Stoney. It's a Knox Twenty custom edge, center dent, with windstring. Not in a pristine condition when I acquire it last year (the sweatband shows its age, 2-3 moth bites under the brim, and a bit color fading under the brim too), but I must say it's my best vintage hat so far, nice smooth felt, and sturdy construction. But it's also the cheapest because it may have passed unwatched so I was the only bidder that time. Around USD 40 delivered to Indonesia. And it's 7 1/2 LO (although it may have shrunk a bit - I'm 7 3/8, and it's rather loose but still very comfortable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff