Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
B.R.; Yes sir. The 18' is a good working sailboat. My wife prefers a more relaxing sailboat.

BTW: I am posting this via the waterproof covered cell. Technology is truly amazing and yet very intrusive.

Hobies are fun boats. My wife and I sailed & raced them for many years, until my knees couldn't do it any longer. We then switched to monohulls.

Last edited:
Hobies are fun boats. My wife and I sailed raced them for many years, until my knees couldn't do it any longer. We then switched to monohulls.

Grew up sailing sunfish on Great Peconic Bay... The Hobie 16 was the dream boat. I went out in it every time I got an invite. Wet and fast. Thanks for the memory.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan, and Br.R.; The Hobie boat has been OK that was quick....brrrr. Moderate to mild winds were perfect for 1 short guy sailing the working boat. No complete tips, but I am soaked and wet. I am sipping HOT coffee on the deck before going in and showering and heading to the gym. No pics as I was wearing a ball cap ("Old Guys Rule" logo'd cap). The ball caps get soaked and often lost in the tempest of sailing on the bigger boat. A fedora just would not work for me. How in the world would I attach the windcord to my wetsuit or to perhaps my swimsuit that would not tangled in the sheets?

OT for sure, interesting. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
2012-05-07120715.jpg

Dobbs Gay Prince, after a reblock and a quick diamond crease.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats all around today, Gents!

Mario, love the image. Cool how the photographer made sure that the darker part of the background was right behind your hat so that the contrast is good.

That's another of my favorite hats as well, along with your Mallory! Did you sell it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner