Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Manfred, that velour from yesterday is a classic.

Joao, you have the westerns down to a fine art.

Would you believe it, cold and raining in New Hampshire. Tumwater today

CA05101207050027-L.jpg

mattface

Practically Family
It's a rainy week, so the bluegrass CD is getting a lot of play. Stay tuned, the next sunny day will surely see the navy blue Stetson Medalist panama.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Great hats today, Gents!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Today I am wearing my Milan. There was a bit of an accident since my last post of this hat. It was on a table at my place and one of my cats stepped on the crown. It looked like the cat may have been chasing my other cat and accidentally bashed the crown in. With a felt hat it would have been no big deal, but the straw was fairly stiff, so I had to re-block it. The Milan resisted most of the impact but on the back of the crown there are a couple marks in the straw. No big deal though, I can't keep a hat perfect forever especially if I plan to wear it all the time. In the the picture of the back of the crown, you can kind of see what I'm talking about. The breaks in the straw aren't very big, I just know that they are there. I also re-flanged the brim to give the hat a much flatter flange. I'm glad I did because it stiffened the Milan right up and the brim is now no longer floppy. Lastly I re-did the brim break so there is a more distinguished break between the crown and the brim. The original sweatband is hanging in there, but its not in great shape. I have a feeling that after this summer I will have to replace it, but for now I'm just going to wear out the sweatband. I re-did this hat to wear, not to collect, so I anticipated some parts to wear out. :)

05102012818.jpg

05102012817.jpg

05102012820.jpg

05102012821.jpg

05102012815.jpg

05102012816.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, thanks for the nice comment, I wear this old 50's hat not often. You're right he is very classic!
But your Tumwater is super!

Josh, great job on that Milan. Looks very good now. " Like New "

Borsalino "Lino"

051012.jpg

One of my very first ebay purchases. Not 1930s as advertised and believed by this newbie, nor is it 1940s... but it can pass, sort of. Imported by Maurice Rothschild for Young-Quinlan Co. in Minneapolis.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
When I first began acquiring vintage hats I felt that I couldn't handle anything wider than this. Therapy was very costly... but I'm cured. :eeek::D

Sounds vaguely familiar... - knowledge always comes to us painfully and in droplets.

Cross-posting from The Hall of Fame:
VS Montecristi 750wpsi for today's hot weather

VS-Montecristi800_May2012.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am slumming by comparison to the great pics this morning......

....Just completed planting a couple Mother Day bushes in my Dobbs summer straw hat.

IMG1335-M.jpg

Bought my first couple of pugs and have been changing them out.

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn