Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Up off my feet and heading out for the day. It is 58'F in my neighborhood in Minnesota. Good day for a VS dove hat. It is my "Go To" hat.

IMG1458-M.jpg

Enjoy the day folks, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: Very nice Panama. Must have been a warm weekend for you as well.

Eric: Definitely a chill in the air this morning here in Minnesota. Perfect choice for today, that Dove VS.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Bond: I have not tried Oscars or Lion. Yet. I put them into the beer app on my phone. I will have my local folks see if their distributers can source them.

Glasses - on the morning Strat pic I am wearing some Ray Ban Gatsby's. I bet they are 13+ years old. The bows are wooped, but the lens and frames are perfect. Great green glass those Ray Bans. I used them this past winter Heli-skiing and the lenses proved superior in the bright glare off the snow. The glass surface just isn't big enough to offer protection and I have to wear them as more fashion vs. activity sun glasses.

Best, Eric -

jbucklin

Practically Family
My friend Wah-Wah wearing my Stetson Milan Stratoliner. Btw, I finally got an iPhone and this picture was taken with its camera!
a3cd12d2.jpg

Chief000731

Practically Family
My straw for today man its getting hot...

Panamafedora011.jpg

Panamafedora002.jpg

Panamafedora003.jpg

Keeps me cool... I want to find a nice straw for this summer... Everybody showing some nice lids today. Chief

delectans

Call Me a Cab
On our final morning in Chicago yesterday, we visited yet another museum...a hat museum, an interactive one with mobile outreach.

Vintage '30s Dobbs Parabuntal. Optimo Montecristi.

Detail of the exquisite Parabuntal.

'30s-early '40s Cavanagh Homburg.

Hut-Schick, Wien. Possibly of '50s-early '60s vintage.

'30s Dobbs straw.

'30s French velour of Austrian origin.

Brim up.

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Ultra-rare '30s, possibly '20s back bow Homburg. Saks & Co.

Another NOS '30s hat of French make with Austrian sourced velour.

Deep in conversation with the curator of said museum. Optimo Montecristi.

The esteemed curator of this phenomenal collection, none other than our Robert (RLK). '30s Dobbs Parabuntal.

On the journey home to Minnesota in the late afternoon, an impromptu roadside stop in the bucolic countryside of rural Wisconsin to remember and honor our Veterans on Memorial Day.

Will be posting additional photos in the FEDORAS-AFIELD thread in the near future.

My thanks to Robert for a most enjoyable morning(and afternoon!) of hats, and I am deeply indebted to my wife Lydia and son Ryan for their extreme patience and understanding! Three hours seemed like but a few minutes...

JAVIER

Practically Family

Chief000731

Practically Family
I had this made in Equador Ultrafino. Real nice they have different styles and materials depends on how much you want to pay. I want to get a real nice straw hat, I have the one I bought from you and this one here. It's pretty nice soft and flexible "Authentic Handmade Straw Panama Hat AFICIONADO".
Thanks Chief :cool:

Carl, where did you get that hat?

Chief000731

Practically Family
Blackthorn: Very nice hat it looks great with the background very nice...

Delectans: Thank you for sharing the pictures of your trip really nice and some very beautiful hats that you are sporting in the pictures thank you again...

RLK: Nice hat you have on I love it,,,

Javier: Very nice straw hat you have nice new band also...

Thank you all for sharing such nice hats all are truly amazing!!! Chief :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL