Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Post from this past week - A spell of hot weather passed Minnesota bound for eastern USA eary this past week. The weather gave me a chance to wear my newly aquired oldster panama. I am learning about panama hats. This hat is a 50's that has been worn in the past. The leather band is well worn. Leather conditioner has done enough for this season. Future seasons will be suspect. The weave is very nice. Not superior, but way above my other panama hat experiences. Light as a feather is a phrase that I now understand. Man it is light and airy on the head. I dream of the new Monti hats (I see posted on this thread) and how airy, breezy, light and classy they must be. Oh what warm weather hats they must be!

Tiger Lily dominate the pic below. When they come, they come fast and furious. You need to get out and enjoy them.
IMG1901-M.jpg

IMG1908-M.jpg

Last Tuesday is still a recent memory. Eric -

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Try a soap with glycerin in it, you will be amazed........

According to the box, Williams Mug Soap does contain glycerin. I just pulled out grandpa's old safety razor today, so very soon I'll begin getting it all nicely cleaned up and polished for use. :D Apparently it's a Gilette pocket safety razor, single position, dated 1934.

Chief000731

Practically Family
SBG Very nice hat and beautiful flower... I too need to get a nice straw they sure make a differnce in the summer... Chief.

Post from this past week - A spell of hot weather passed Minnesota bound for eastern USA eary this past week. The weather gave me a chance to wear my newly aquired oldster panama. I am learning about panama hats. This hat is a 50's that has been worn in the past. The leather band is well worn. Leather conditioner has done enough for this season. Future seasons will be suspect. The weave is very nice. Not superior, but way above my other panama hat experiences. Light as a feather is a phrase that I now understand. Man it is light and airy on the head. I dream of the new Monti hats (I see posted on this thread) and how airy, breezy, light and classy they must be. Oh what warm weather hats they must be!

Tiger Lily dominate the pic below. When they come, they come fast and furious. You need to get out and enjoy them.

Last Tuesday is still a recent memory. Eric -

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief000731

Practically Family
Inspector very nice hat and suit. That outfit looks very good on you, Well done...

Danofarlington thank you it is a Vintage Stetson Nostalgia Tawny brown yes my little girl likes wearing hats with me... Well done guys some beautiful hats this week... Chief.

I'm enjoying my time in Louisville Kentucky!
also Doc Crows smokehouse is fun too!(Don't worry guys the hat is off inside. :)

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments everyone,,,,

Bowlerman, I honestly don't know the grade. While that may seem funny to some I have trouble finding brim width and crown height that i like, so when I called Panama Bob he searches everything he has in my size with my brim an crown specs and I buy it. So I have quite a few different grades up to and including Monticristi's....

I prefer Brisa weave in a full hat, as it is more airy and cooler on my noggin . Also Semi Colado's in different grades for even cooler wearing.... I rambled a bit and probably didn't get a good answer to you but I thought i would try to explain....

Chepstow and SBC Thanks again for all the kind words......

Chief000731

Practically Family
OG That is a very nice hat, What kind is it? If you have answered that I'm sorry. I am looking for a nice straw, I got a nice one from JB and had one made in Equador and love it but it is a bit tight... Chief

Let me add my compliments to nice family photo Javier...

Nice color co-ordination DJH

Another hat from Panama Bob today.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
FAMILY FRIDAY !
MAYSER MIDGETS
2 of my granddaughters there cousins. Fuzzy Mayser's
232323232%7Ffp73436%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3545795%3B9234%3Bnu0mrj

Sorta chilly for the East bay Rare weather
sorta Blues-Brothers Huh.
232323232%7Ffp635%3A4%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3545795%3B9534%3Bnu0mrj

:cool:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
According to the box, Williams Mug Soap does contain glycerin. I just pulled out grandpa's old safety razor today, so very soon I'll begin getting it all nicely cleaned up and polished for use. :D Apparently it's a Gilette pocket safety razor, single position, dated 1934.

If you've started wet shaving to save money, don't join a shaving forum. They are just as bad about razors, brushes, soaps, and everything else associated with shaving, as we are about hats. You'll end up owning more razors and soap than you could use in years.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
FAMILY FRIDAY :cool:
one of my son's, today is his B-Day big 27
Osito sporting a Champ short crown porkpie milan.
232323232%7Ffp63562%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3545795%3B8834%3Bnu0mrj

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, cool photo. The stingy looks sharp on you!

H.H, nice family photo. What is with your brim!

Chief, nice hats and photo.

The Inspector, looks sharp!

Eric, that is a good looking Panama, nice pug too!

Che, cool, you as grandfather, are a great role model. The kids looking sharp with that Maysers.
How the father so the son! I can see the younger che in that photo! Happy birthday to Osito!

Denton

One of the Regulars
Seems like a missed some excitement this week... here's another of those badass shots.

Although I was sorry to see the mean-spiritedness of the internet encroaching on the unique civility of this forum, I was happy to see it confirmed that alanfgag's self-portraits are indestructible.

JAVIER

Practically Family
FAMILY FRIDAY :cool:
one of my son's, today is his B-Day big 27
Osito sporting a Champ short crown porkpie milan.
232323232%7Ffp63562%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3545795%3B8834%3Bnu0mrj
Thanks again, great Family pics by everyone.

My eye tells me your boy has a Santana guitar, was it signed by him? My favorite group! I've been a huge fan of Carlos and the boys, I just wished he would come to upstate Sometime, closes I remember several years ago was Woodstock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart