Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who cannot but appreciate D-man! As usual, you've topped the hat style list, to say nothing of the quality of your pictures. Jerekson, your Marathon does you justice, terrific mood to your pic, too. Compliments to you both.

dean

indycop

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
Today? Well, it isn't fur felt, or wool felt, actually it's...100% polyester, O.G.106, vintage 1968, with 173d Airborne staff badge behind the jump wings. One of the remnants of a once extensive military hat collection and probably my favorite. ( I call it my "hat-of-victory-handed-away" ) I wear it for a lot of reasons, but I especially think of the chaplain on Hill 875, see this:http://www.virtualwall.org/dw/WattersCJ01a.htm Such men are few, too few.

photo68008.jpg

dean

Do you know anything about german military berets? While stationed I Germany I went to munich to participate in an Octoberfest celebration with the german army (1987). I swapped headgear with a German soldier and have no idea as to the type or designation of the beret. Its green with an emblem that kinda looks like some kinda leaf. If you know anything bout it I can pm you (don't know if I have PM privileges yet) or if there is somewhere to post it I will.

deanglen

indycop said:
Do you know anything about german military berets? While stationed I Germany I went to munich to participate in an Octoberfest celebration with the german army (1987). I swapped headgear with a German soldier and have no idea as to the type or designation of the beret. Its green with an emblem that kinda looks like some kinda leaf. If you know anything bout it I can pm you (don't know if I have PM privileges yet) or if there is somewhere to post it I will.

Indycop, my first guess would be the oak leaf badge of a Jaeger troop, Mountain Troops with marksman ship skills, possibly used for snipers;

capbadgejaeger011.jpg

dean

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow, thanks you guys.

I didn't think I could pull the thin ribbon off but I'm starting to really become attached to that Marathon...

deanglen

Jerekson said:
Wow, thanks you guys.

I didn't think I could pull the thin ribbon off but I'm starting to really become attached to that Marathon...

You look fine in that thin ribbon! But of course, I'm biased. Nice crown and brim on that hat, by the way.

dean

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
1252650593_d945dab80b.jpg

A new one, slightly smaller brim than my other black one. Still wool, cause I can only afford cheap hats for the time being, and wool helps me get some variety. I know, pic's not that great, but it was rainy outside.

Sin Khan

Familiar Face
Great hats everyone, I like your style.

Nice cap Dominic, I’m going to buy my dad one of that style. I must say, it looks good on you too.

Nice hat Dinerman, great color that goes well with the lighter colored tee shirt. As well, I applaud your wearing a nice fedora with a tee shirt and a smile. Be bold and smile they say, for nothing looks good in a frown.

Douglas, I like your style. Do you ever go carefree with your suits and hats lets say like Johnny Depp? Just curious, you have some great outfits, but the only pics that you have posted are pretty formal looking. I would like your ideas on wearing formal clothing in a carefree manner. Thanks

I work at a sawmill, so, the only hat that I can wear most days is a hard hat. I wonder if anyone makes a hard hat styled like a fedora? I just bought a New York Hat company brown wool felt fedora online (haven’t gotten it yet.) I bought it for wearing outside when doing yard work if you can believe that. I used to wear a pith helmet when mowing the grass and such but it just doesn’t fit right and I want something more versatile with general wear.

It also seems that I need to redefine my entire style to accept wearing hats. I love hats a lot, its just that I never realized how powerful an accessory item it is to your style. I should have realized that anything around your face and head is going to be a make it or break it item in many respects. Just didn’t fully understand this until trying on different hats recently. I have made some notes to myself though…what do you guys think of these ideas…

1. I want to wear shades with a fedora hat. For some reason shades just seem to make fedora hats seem more at place in any style of wear. Perhaps it’s just me. As well, caps just look odd with sunglasses to me.
2. A hat seems odd to me if it is my only accessory item. Can’t explain it really, it just seems that I am unfinished if I only have a hat with me and no tie or necklace or whatever. In a suit I want to have a hanky whenever I wear a hat.
3. Worn hats seem to fit most informal styles better to me than unworn hats. For instance if I am wearing a indy hat and blue jeans and a regular long sleeve work shirt than a worn hat seems to go better than a “new” one.

DOUGLAS

As usual Dman you've got great hats! I was in Los Angeles the past five days so I have not been able to keep up. Oddly enouph while I was waiting for my flight out I saw a hat in the distance on the oppisite side of the terminal as I approached the man wearing it looked very familiar. It turned out to be our very own Man In Charge MK. This type of meeting only happens once or twice in a life time.

California fare
DSCN5885.jpg

I only brought one hat with me. It was a Dobbs.
DSCN5892.jpg

DSCN5903.jpg

Today is my new Champ Featherweight
DSCN5908-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats