Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Old Mesilla, NM April 2009
OldMesillaNMApr2009.jpg
Livorno Italy, May 2011
LivornoItalyMay2011.jpg

Liverpool, England May 2009
LiverpoolUKMay2009.jpg
Sienna, Italy Nov. 2009
SiennaItalyNov2009.jpg

Skagway, Alaska Sep. 2009
SkagwayASSep2009.jpg
Skagway, AK Sep. 2009
SkagwayAlaskaSep2009.jpg

The Diamond Princess, Vancouver B.C. August 2009
DiamondPrincessAug2009.jpg

-dixon cannon

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Al! These are wonderful, and I'm so glad you stopped in Los Angeles on the way. Quite a family of Montecristis you've got there, and so nice to see them on the heads of your son, nephew, and nieces. Frankly, Ryan's hat is exquisite; my favorite of the bunch. What a dapper and stylishly forward young gent. Boy, does Optimo know how to roll a straw brim!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1!

Yesterday's choice, a very nice hat that I just can't wear in most contexts, proved just the right thing while playing an Irish/folk concert at a park on the Missouri River. A really beautiful area, even if it was extremely humid and I probably swallowed a dozen bugs while playing.

Resistol stingy homburg:

010sai.jpg

008ics.jpg

Alan, not even ONE picture of you, Robert, and Josh pal'n around? Ah well, the other prize-winning pics must suffice.

It is funny... we sat outside for three hours. The big Chicago thunderstorm was headed our way by the end and our three straw hats were saying vamoose. But we did have several folks stop to comment on the three guys with a table filled with vintage hats. One asked if she could take a picture. So somewhere on Facebook there is a picture of the three of us. Just not sure where.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like a great experience. Thunderstorms and vintage fedoras in the windy city. I could breathe that in for awhile!

I have been working on this brim all morning, trying all sorts of angles and hoping to remove some wrinkles and inconsistencies. I think I've settled on almost no swoop, dip, or side curl, and I really tried to sharpen the angle of the roll with water and an iron, which is now basically an overwelt without the welt.

060ff.jpg

(Falcon Park)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bowlerman and Alan, those are nice hats. Bowlerman, that maroon colored hat is the best one I've ever seen on you. If you ordered that custom, you did a good job outlining a great style for yourself, including both the dimensions and the color. I'm not even a fan of maroon hats at all. But that one is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany