Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful hats today.

Jeff: that's the black cherry, yes?

Robert: beautiful Milan and very tastefully matched!

Alan: stunning, as is par for the course for you, sir.

I've also got my Supernatural Milan from the Ecuadorian Panama Hat co. of New York, originally sold by Halle Bros. store out of Cleaveland, which, at least according to Wikipedia, is the namesake for Halle Berry.
20120808_153708.jpg

20120808_153600.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Rlk, that is a primo example of a perfect Milan. One day I will find a Milan with a substantial brim like that one.

Alan, was that supernatch a recent snatch? In any case it really lives up to its name-- very fine lid.

gtdean-- that is a most appropriate color for that misty VS-- I'd be wandering through the blue smoke, too, with that on my head.

I like the way you did the FP Jeff.

Thanks Perry! Are you donning another winning Dobbs today?

Bowlerman and Alan, those are nice hats. Bowlerman, that maroon colored hat is the best one I've ever seen on you. If you ordered that custom, you did a good job outlining a great style for yourself, including both the dimensions and the color. I'm not even a fan of maroon hats at all. But that one is good.

Thank you, sir. I did custom order that one, and I adore it. Truthfully, the brim was bothering me a bit, though it hasn't stopped me from wearing it. I think I'll keep this somewhat flattened version-- but I will admit the side profile shot seems to work better than the front view.

Wonderful hats today.

Jeff: that's the black cherry, yes?

I've also got my Supernatural Milan from the Ecuadorian Panama Hat co. of New York, originally sold by Halle Bros. store out of Cleaveland, which, at least according to Wikipedia, is the namesake for Halle Berry.

Yep, it's the black cherry. If I didn't have a list of other hats I wanted to commission in different colors, I'd have Parker make me at least three other styles with this felt. I just love it.

Another supernatural today-- yours is really fantastic-- this is the recent grab, right? It is downright extra-terrestrial. What a sweet color.

Halle's named after a clothing store, eh?

TPD166

One Too Many
Vintage Adam Coronet in"sterling" with a great ribbon - fresh back from cleaning & open block at Paris Hatters. Added a diamond dry bash last night.
adam3_w.jpg

Adam_1w.jpg

adam2w.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones, David, TPD, Alan!

That 5X CB is really something!

Alan, do you mean the pronunciation that's presumedly derived from the Japanese origin of that word, as I think was discussed a few months ago? Should the "a" vowel sound like the word "lawn" or "bat?"

Alan, do you mean the pronunciation that's presumedly derived from the Japanese origin of that word, as I think was discussed a few months ago? Should the "a" vowel sound like the word "lawn" or "bat?"

I'm not positive, but I think the midwest pronunciation of Anne should be about right. It keeps coming out M-lahn' in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass