Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, I neglected to mention your Roadmaster. Is it gray as it looks in the photo or more of a tan color?
No worries Perry....I'm used to neglect...but enough about my love life....:D
It is not gray but "natural". HatCo's attempt at undyed felt. Put a gray hat next to it & it looks brown, put a brown hat next to it & it looks gray.
I have a Buckaroo custom made from Winchester dress weight 100% undyed beaver & it is in that neighborhood. Sorry you asked???

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
stetson001.jpg

Stetson Stratoliner, a very kind and generous gift from a friend. :D My first proper fedora!

You got the styles together, and the attitude, so it works. Congrats.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
First, Perry, you rock these ORs. Fantastic choice today!

Alan, I am in awe. Not only is that hat magnificent, I really dig that photo, and I can't even put my finger on exactly why.

rlk, with all of these hats not in your size, I continue to be amazed that every single one you post appears to be a perfect fit. Those Italians really have something going there.

Josh-- nice wide brimmed tar there. This style completely transforms your usual 30s thing-- looks very nice! When am I going to get to see that new pencil rolled Buckaroo again!?
gdc-- looks like a very good and functional outdoor lid! Got some style and attitude too.
Gin N' Tonics-- the hat is a winner (kind and generous indeed!), and the ensemble works really well, but I think my favorite part is the pairing of your facial expression with those pups and the cradle behind you! Cool photo.

Sorry to post this number again, but I'm really enjoying this Falcon Park black cherry this week-- couldn't help myself!

0012eu.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, sharp Dobbs, fits you super!

Perry, great looking OR and nice shape how ever!

Simonds, cool Cap, looks good! My Respect!

gtdean, wonderful Hats for yesterday!

gtc, cool OR, looks good on you!

Alan, a classic, sharp Hat and with brim up is it your style!

Robert, another excellent looking Hat.

Josh, that emerson is a fantastic Hat. I Love it.

Gin&Tonic, cool outfit and sharp Hat, that rocks!

Jeff, that Falcon Park is a winner, one of my favorite Hats from you!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back in town from a spot of traveling and business. This morning enjoying the dog walk and appreciating the summer rose blossoms. The temps here in Minnesota, USA are just reaching into the 60'F. Wearing my VS bluesmoke.

IMG2446-M.jpg

Totally knackered and needing a spot of coffee,
Best, Eric -

Last edited:
These 1950s Knoxes are big, rugged, heavy felters that carved a strong profile. 2 3/4" brim, 5 3/4" open crown, Custom (Cavanagh) brim edge are featured on the Knox 20s and 40s that I have seen. The felt on the 40s was more sophisticated and more easily formable and both were very nicely crafted hats, but you can't help but notice a downward drift in felt character from a decade earlier. It seems there was more subtlety and diversity in European felts from this era.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Alan your pics All of them are wonderful.
I-Phone ? or zillion dollar camera
D-Man Killer Pic & pose
Rlk,, beautiful Black hat, Lite as a feather huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21