Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Fleamarket in Dortmund. My wife pointed at a box of hats. What I have not seen, there were carnival hats .. She had your fun. I was a little bit, angry.! only fun.
I grabbed her and hugged her to me and she made ​​a funny face!
On my head, Rehfus 1954

fleamarketdortmund.jpg

Alan your pics All of them are wonderful.
I-Phone ? or zillion dollar camera

Thanks... glad you enjoy them. I have my share of zillion dollar cameras, but everything I've posted over the past six months or so has been from the iPhone. This silly picture is using the little webcam and Photo Booth application on my Mac.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp in that one David.

Thanks, Mike.

Good start to the weekend guys. If I were putting aside dough for a whippet, I would cash it in and go Cross Country. That was a great Dobbs design... good to see it today, David.

Thanks, Alan - yes the Cross country is a really nice hat style. The really light felt makes it a good choice for summer evenings.

I'm not sure I'd prefer it over a Whippet - I like both styles. When CCs come up on eBay the pricing is better though. I bought this one for about $35 from one of Zetwal's auctions, I was the only bidder.

David, I concur on the Dobbs. The ribbon width is perfect for the hat.

Cheers Randall! I also like the ribbon on the CC, doesn't really show on this photo, but it has an interesting texture to it as well.

David, sharp Dobbs, fits you super!

Thanks Manfred! Nice photos from the fleemarket today.

Nice hats in the last day or so.

Love the Borsalinos from Alan and Robert - nice Bantam too Robert, Josh's Emerson and it is great to see G&T suitably hatted.

Jeff - the Black Cherry always looks good

Eric - welcome back and great VS

D-Man - nice hat, great photo!

Alan - nice Knox 20, it looks good on that alien dude. My Knox 20 has a bound edge and shark gill ribbon.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks... glad you enjoy them. I have my share of zillion dollar cameras, but everything I've posted over the past six months or so has been from the iPhone. This silly picture is using the little webcam and Photo Booth application on my Mac.
Alan Great News.
I am just amazed by your pics lately especially of your Travels.
Im just going to have to join the party soon when the newer iphone arrives...i have a android & its handy but i need Simplicity & Quality on the 1st shot& all the Fun stuff too.
My son has a fish eye that slides over the lens on his iphone & awesome results.
Thank you

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Cheapstow has the look--Open Road, jeans, leather jacket. Even the mustache. It works. That's the best way to wear fedoras, in my opinion--some kind of casual, most of the time.
Yup I totaly agree Chepstow Looks great. Im in a hat Daily its a part of my norm just like Socks i dont venture out without both...
& i have more leather jackets than suits dont get out much to the big dances these days, But im at all the flea markets

Say Chepstow
I have Silvia (my wife) well skilled in the EYE at the flea markets.. last couple years No more yelling loudly Amor Amor with a cheep all wool last weeks vintage hat in her hand with the seller all Bug-Eyed....

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
danofarlington and Che, thanks very much for this nice compliment, I really appreciate it.
Che, great story, I know that feeling, I know that.. brother. :D

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Our first visit to San Francisco, but hopefully not our last. We were fascinated by the city. I wasn't sure what to wear, but if anything I was slightly unprepared for the cooler (almost cold) weather. My Knox Vagabond proved to be a good choice, not too warm, not too cool. More pictures when time permits.

IMG_0564.JPG

The seals at Pier 39.

IMG_0575.JPG

Dare I say it, an unwelcome guest!

IMG_0579.JPG

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
It's not really a Mark Twain quote, but often attributed to him: "The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco." It gets real nice around September! San Francisco is a city for layers!

Al, more great pics as usual!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks, all.
Here's a shot of the hat in full living color. Some stains, some mothing. This is my second, the sweatband on the first finally bit it, and it was cheaper to get a new one than just the round trip shipping to get the sweat replaced in the first.
Planning on wearing it to death as well. Not a lot of competition on Resistols of this style and era, so they can be had cheap. Well made and durable, they make great beater hats.
IMG_5059.jpg

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
jlee, I'm a little surprised to see you wearing that type of crease. Personally I really like the look of yours and D-mans hats today.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The dogs and I have just completed our walk and I can see some traces of the coming rain on the far side of the lake. Very pleasant morning walk.

IMG2449-S.jpg

I am examining our rasberry patch in my grey 50's Stetson Stratoliner. Looks like the rasberry harvest will be big this fall.

Last evening I checked the patch in my VS Executive, bluesmoke felt.

IMG2405-S.jpg

By now you should be able to sumise that I LOVE rasberries! Rasberry pie, cookies, in oatmeal, on cereal, plain with 1/2 and 1/2, on grilled items and of course in salads. The red berries are my type of candy! They are coming! If I check more often, will they mature and ripen quicker? ;):eusa_doh:

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana