Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
A modern Stetson milan for me yesterday; the model is the "Whitehall". Not a bad hat at all; it gets plenty of compliments!
stetsonwhitehall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Randall (and Steve and Rusty). This is the lightest and softest hat I've seen... so much so that it is hard to get it on your head without altering the shape. This hat can also be rolled successfully for travel, though after spending quite a bit of time steaming and ironing out a half century of storage wrinkles, I've been hesitant to do much rolling.

I have a number of very lightweight felt hats - most range 2.5 ounces and up... I think this is the only one that is below. Here is the thread devoted to the lightest of the light.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a hat from a custom hat maker named Charles Carmack who used to sell on ebay (he may still, I just haven't seen his listings recently).

It's made from a 100% beaver Winchester western weight felt in color whiskey.
Mr. Carmack likes to use glue instead of stitching so I requested that he not glue on the ribbon. It is currently held on by the tightness of the bow. I eventually will replace this bow with something with a lower polyester content but it works fine for the moment.

IMG_1901.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Case, looks nice the carmack, nice color too!

Perry, I like it! Has a nice shape!

David, good looking Borsalino, you wear it well!

Robert, very nice! Looks good on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav