Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol San Antonio that I picked up from Tom Dean earlier this year. I've found that his used hats are some of my best fitting hats. We must have the same head shape.

IMG_1875.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, John.

The eBay seller said it was light brown - it is actually way nicer, an olive/brown/green.

I'll post some proper pics when I get the chance.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
These have been great, lately! My humble apologies for not being so responsive. School has just begun and my youngest started kindergarten. two birthdays in the family this month, plus my work season will begin soon.
In any case, Randall-- what a great new Borsalino!
Alan, I dig that boater, too. I'd guess that any boater brim could curl with enough water applied to it? Kind of puts a modern spin on it I suppose.
Casechopper-- been enjoying your VS's lately, and this Resistol looks great.
Jared, man you've been sporting these wide brims really amazingly recently. I think that Dallas kick looks great on the 100.
David, what a great catch! I'm glad you got that Cavanagh-- looks superior on you. I might have bid if I hadn't had all these other obligations this month! ;) Also, I was so relieved to see the reprise of Tumwater Tuesday. That's my absolute favorite of yours, and I hope to commission one very similar from Tony someday. On my wish list. Oh, and thanks for the dashboard nod! :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats Yesterday, Guys.

jared, great Stetson 100. That is a jackpot!

Case, wonderful San Antonio, looks good on you!

Simonds, great work on your new Cap!

David, the new one looks great, I hope my new Borsalino verde/olivia looks from the color similar to yours!

Alan, that is a fine Boater and you wear it great.

Simonds, Great cap! Enjoy seeing all your creations!

David, Your recent arrival Cavanagh looks fantastic! Don't see enough Cavanaghs!

CaseS, The Resitol San Antonio was made for you!

Jared, The Stetson 100 is a fitting tribute to JS!

Alan, Fantastic Knox 15 Milan! Good match with the shirt!

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Jared - I'll be joining you in celebrating Joe's birthday, been a fan for over 30 years. I was lucky enough to see a few Clash shows in my younger days, never got to see Joe solo, sadly. My 6 month old boy has several Strummer onesies, time to put one on. Frank

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Jared, man you've been sporting these wide brims really amazingly recently. I think that Dallas kick looks great on the 100.
Nice hats Yesterday, Guys.

jared, great Stetson 100. That is a jackpot!
Jared, it's great to see a Stetson 100 worn with such obvious joy... enjoy it!
Jared, The Stetson 100 is a fitting tribute to JS!
Jared - I'll be joining you in celebrating Joe's birthday, been a fan for over 30 years. I was lucky enough to see a few Clash shows in my younger days, never got to see Joe solo, sadly. My 6 month old boy has several Strummer onesies, time to put one on. Frank

Thanks for all the compliments, you all are too kind! The 100 is a great hat.

Alan, that Milan is a stunner.

David, the new Cav looks great. I'm not always a fan of green hats, but that one works quite well!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan, what makes that hat hard to wear? It looks good to me.
Mayerswegener, I really like the weave on that hat. It's one of the best looking boater style hats I've seen on here imo.

Today VS Hitchhiker (or for me, my "Camilla" hat)
IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

Alan, Thanks! I decided to pull it out of storage after seeing your fantastic Yeddo boater from the Kleinhans Company.

CaseChopper, Thanks! I believe it's a Milan (stiff) or something similar. The company that made it was out of Strassburg / Strasbourg, Alsace. By the way your VS Hitchhiker looks great!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, what a great catch! I'm glad you got that Cavanagh-- looks superior on you. I might have bid if I hadn't had all these other obligations this month! ;) Also, I was so relieved to see the reprise of Tumwater Tuesday. That's my absolute favorite of yours, and I hope to commission one very similar from Tony someday. On my wish list. Oh, and thanks for the dashboard nod! :)

Cheers, Jeff. You wouldn't have needed to bid much more than me to get the Cavanagh - I think my snipe was about $50.00.
If you get the chance to have Tony make a hat for you, I'd say it is well worth it.

David, the new one looks great, I hope my new Borsalino verde/olivia looks from the color similar to yours!

Thanks, Manfred. Is your Borsalino still on the way to you?

David, Your recent arrival Cavanagh looks fantastic! Don't see enough Cavanaghs!

Thanks, Steve. You're right, there are not a huge number of Cavanaghs that show up here. Many of those that do are really nice hats - I like to browse the Cavanagh Club thread and always learn so much from Brad's posts.

David that Cavanagh looks great!
I love the color!

Cheers, Rusty. I've also put some shots in the Cavanagh Club - tried to capture the colour; at least how it looks in the light this evening.

David, the new Cav looks great. I'm not always a fan of green hats, but that one works quite well!

Cheers, Jared. The colour of this hat changes so much, it is pretty green in some light, then positively brown at other times. My first Cavanagh to I'm really liking it!

Coppola

New in Town
Hello, i'm from Italy... I'm happy to find other people to share my passion...my addiction for hats...sorry for my poor english, but i prefer don't use automatic translators...
In these days we have more than 40°c ... So in the morning is impossible for me walking outside without my old Stetson panama-style

20120724115617.jpg

Waiting my new Montecristi natural color ... Arriving soon from Equador...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner