Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric and David, thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate them.

I.P, sharp Dualist, looks excellent on you!

The good, nice conversion what I can see on that photo!

J.T, your are the OR Man and it suits you very well!

Eric and David, wonderful Hats in the evening, you rock it!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys, we certainly had a nice evening.

Randall, I must say the horizon is remarkably level on this shot, you can tell I didn't take it!

Anyway, back to the office and back to 19 degree tilt - Knox 20 today.

smugshot4426840-L.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
My new "modified" Stetson 4X Gun Club Dune in black. Landman was kind enough to trim the 3" brim to 2.5" for me. I then took it to Texas Hatters in Lockhart, TX, where they re-bound the brim edge and added a matching thin ribbon. Very happy with the changes!
Gunclub1w.jpg
Gunclub2w.jpg

Last week, walking the dog with my dad at Peconic Bay, Supernatural Panama.

walkingbuck.jpg

Friday at Skidmore College, early Stetson Stratoliner.

stetson.jpg

This morning, back at work, Borsalino L'udoela

082012.jpg

We just ended a month without kids - our first in 21 years. Clearly we are going to need some practice at this. We spent the time visiting kid 1 in Evanston and then traveling to NYC area to see our parents, returning via Saratoga Springs to pick up kid 2 after her summer dance program. Here are a few pictures from last week's journey.

Stormy day at Great Peconic Bay

beach.jpg

stormyweather.jpg

treasure hunter

treasurehunter.jpg

the sun came out at sunset, walking Buck with my dad.

walkingbuck.jpg

Dad

dad.jpg

Buck

buck.jpg

Calverton National Cemetery

cemetarypanorama.jpg

trying to shoot a hummingbird with a wide angle lens

hummingbird.jpg

at Skidmore College, passing time while waiting for the doors to open for the dance program.

stetson.jpg

DamianM

Vendor
Love the portrait of your father really great Colors, and great Composition overall of all your photographs.
The pieces flow really well to tell about the day.

The New York State Summer School for the Arts makes me almost smile to pay taxes. 29 kids from around the State get to study with some of the brightest lights in modern dance for four weeks.

Here are two performing Bella by Danny Grossman

bella.jpg

This was from Battleworks Etude, choreography by Robert Battle, who will succeed Judith Jamison as third creative director of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.

etude1.jpg

From Kaddish for Ten Women. This dance was originally written as a solo for Deborah Zall in the 1980s. Deborah rechoreographed it for a minyan of ten dancers and directed the piece at NYSSSA this summer

kaddish1.jpg

On the way home, still marveling at my tax dollars at work, providing free wifi on the NYS Thruway. Amazing what you can do with an iPhone and not take yours eyes off the road (Donna was riding shotgun.)

freewifi.jpg

This picture was taken at the Ohio State University earlier this summer. My wife and Lily have such beautiful smiles, even when it's 110 in the shade.

ohiostate.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
All great Alan!
Agreed!

I agree great shot,,,,,Randall don't tilt your head you will get a kink in your neck...

I just put a block of wood under the corner of my monitor so it constantly tilts 19 degrees;):D
Great idea, OG. ;)

Cool Borso Robert. I like the way you coordinate your hats and shirts.
+1 He's a master.

I snagged this 1950's Stetson homburg from ebay. I already have one almost identical, but for the grosgrain tint, so I ironed this one out, trying to release its inner fedora. The coolest part is, when you're tall like me, those around you are afforded a view from below, which boasts an embarrassment of brim binding grosgrain. :D

seabass

Call Me a Cab
All Winner's today
man Alan's Strat & rlk's borso are heavy hitters
every hat From start to finish, A Killer Monday
thanks all for the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member