Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
It’s cockeyed in the shot, because I wear nothing straight, but it’s definitely a lot fuller than I expected for sure. The fit is awesome though (23”), and I rather like how there’s no front clip. It’s kind of the cap equivalent of a wide brim. I can be pretty ostentatious at times, but this would push it for me. As good an excuse as any to get another one in a different cut.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wright Mirakal OR style hat

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Stingy today. Ironed flat. Under fluorescent lighting the blue felt looked a little saturated. It's interesting how certain colors can change so much under different lighting.

EF7FCEAF.jpg

006A3A99.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Best shot of the Powell I have seen yet!
Well done David!

A beautiful hat, David!

RBH nailed it that David nailed it. Well done!
David, really sharp Hat your Powell and he looks so good on you!

Of course David had to post a great shot of his Powell – all the more depressing since I had the bad luck of ruining mine shortly after its arrival!

Thanks, guys! The Powell is a nice hat, I hope Matt comes up with a new manufacturer because I think he was onto something with these hats.

BJ, what happened to yours?

Nice hats all around today. Al, I really like the Porcelain Optimo. How does the felt on this one compare with your Silverbelly? Personally, I prefer the shape of this one, the crown seems to be straighter and a little taller than your Silver version.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
BJ, what happened to yours?

Got too eager to get it shaped, ended up getting it stained, and figured it would be easy as pie to clean it up myself. Didn't work out well at all. I won’t be trying that again. :eusa_doh:

Wow.. it may be just me... but as big as it looks you could sublet it!

A friend suggested it would make a good hot water bottle cover! I’m leaning towards skipping even a full cut and maybe trying just a deep cut next time.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Just a quick photo. My newsboy cap arrived from Hat People yesterday. I ordered the hounds tooth stripe in an extra full cut, because it looked kind of stingy in the photo, but boy, this thing is big. I think I’d better go with just a full cut next time.

DSCF1101_zpse81ee6ee.jpg

wow, that is a REALLY big cap!

Are you sure someone didn't just send you their washing by mistake? ;)

3109740199_66657dfb15-1.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, AnA. I really like the Powell and hope Matt is able to get his hat program back on track soon.

Some nice hats already on this Friday morning (love Jared's S100 photo). So dark and rainy here it stills feels like the middle of the night.

Anyway, I'm embracing my inner Jones today with my Adventurebilt.

smugshot6161720-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot