Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landman

One Too Many
Puns painfully appreciated!

Mike, here is the inspiration with a closer look at the pin. Her mom is a costume designer. She brought home coveralls for this effort, but Lily would have none of that. She chose instead a great blue Gianni Versace shirt that hasn't fit me since the late 1970s. It was a shock to see it return from the costume shop... just as nice as when I donated it way back when.

Rosie-the-Riveter.jpg

Alan, that is great. She nailed the costume.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Gray Day for me.

Royal Stetson, as I have to get a few things done outside the house, despite my fluish sensibilities.

005sva.jpg

I really like today's hats so far. great choices, Perry, Mike, gtdean, rlk.
Alan, haven't seen that Knox in awhile-- one of my favorites!
Eric, your VS granite never ceases to impress me. It's really amazing.
I also really enjoy the dimensions of your silverbelly, David. What's the brim width on that VS?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, cool Wanderer today, great with an removable liner, a good feature!

Alan, nice jacket, looks warm and soft + a stunning Knox on the head, nothing can go wrong!

Robert, I know nothing about Master Built but what I see looks great!

Jeff, cool Hat this Stetson looks good on your head!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Robert; What's to say besides another great hat sir! Amazing. Do you charge admission to your hat museum? What are the hours? I will arrange a tour and darn it even rent the headphones for the recorded tour. Do you have vintage shirts for sale with the "Roberts Fedora Museum" logo? If so save me a size M.

Gray Day for me. Royal Stetson, as I have to get a few thing

Eric, your VS granite never ceases to impress me. It's really amazing.

Jeff; Gray hat day for sure! Your beard and attire gives you a "don't mess with me" look. Your yard better yeild to your wishes.

Thanks for the comments on my granite hat. I was unsure of the color, but very sure of the light weight felt. Once I recieved the hat from Art Fawcett, I could not be more pleased with granite felt as a color. It works with all of the clothing, and daily wear I ask of it. It was Al's (Delectans) hat on the Art thread that caught my eye to the possibilities. His pics showed the versatility. Between the dove, granite and silverbelly you have ALL felt colors that are needed. Now to colors that we wish to have - endless! Anywhooo, thanks sir. I hope your cold leaves swiflty.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
It's Fawcett Friday, so I'm wearing my VS Silverbelly:

And here's what's in the works:

Styled after this gorgeous vintage Dobbs of our friend Rabbit:

Stay tuned!
-Brando

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
110212.jpg

Mike, thank you for your note on my little Rosie.

Marvelous hat. I do really enjoy the variety of hats that you wear. Your family and friends must have to work hard to play the game "What hat is the hatted man wearing today?" If I were a betting fellow, my bet would be on the gorgeous Cavanaugh (inky blue) this weekend. :D On a more serious note, great variety and they are worn in a stately maner.

Alan great looking Knox 20, Eric fantastic VS, bowlerman nice looking Stetson, and rlk fine looking Master Built!

Thanks sir!

It's Fawcett Friday, so I'm wearing my VS Silverbelly:

And here's what's in the works:

Styled after this gorgeous vintage Dobbs of our friend Rabbit:
Stay tuned! -Brando

Brando, it appears to be a fantastic November for you. I have admired that particular hat in Rabbit's collection. Both that and his silvermist/silverbelly VS hats. Dynamite lids! Congrats in advance sir!

Eric -

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Super hats lately. Alan’s Knox Twenty is indeed super-nice. Great colors on that one.

Wore the glen grey modified campdraft today. Reblocked it again last night, and once again replaced the ribbon with a thinner one I found in a box the other day. Trying to figure out what specs I want for my first custom.

blackfalcon.jpg

The dingus was awaiting repair of a chip on the table nearby, so I couldn’t resist working it in.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great Hats ! Guys.
B-Man, take care of yourself, Hope you get well quickly.
Alan, Awesome Knox 20
Brando, Love the VS SB, but the new VS teaser Wow. yea Rabbits Dobbs is too cool.
rlk, The Master Built is a Deluxe allrite.
Eric, The VS Wanderer is super & keep the liner in for the Cold weather.
Oh Yes B.J. the Glen Grey is awesome & the pic is a great shot !

OK A Fawcett Friday Finish
My Sahara Art-Lite & I had a great time today !:cool:
Sorta warm today so i headed east to my Fave Sandwich Shop for lunch, Luigi's in Martinez CA low 70's there.
232323232%7Ffp73478%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3589898%3A4634%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54345%3Enu%3D3589%3E8%3A3%3E5%3B%3B%3E267%3A8%3A36%3A%3C25%3Aot1lsi

& then further east to Crockett, Art do you remember the Nantucket ? Good old school seafood joint !:cool:
232323232%7Ffp543%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3589%3E7%3B6%3E349%3E267%3A7%3B643%3A25%3Aot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp543%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3589%3E7%3B6%3E345%3E267%3A7%3B643625%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Eric,

Your lightweight granite looks great. Art made one for me too but I haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet. I was a little unsure of the color too until I received it. Great color. The color is very similar to my Akubra Campdraft in Moonstone Grey. The Campdraft may be just a little darker but not much.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats, Che, Dave and Mike.

Thanks, Hatto. Nice looking Fed IV for you yesterday.
David, nice, was it good in that barber shop? I see, that he does a good job!
Good looking VS!

Thanks, Manfred. I really enjoyed the barbershop experience. First time I've been to a real one since I was a kid back in the UK and my Dad used to take me.

Love the silverbelly. Classy color and ribbon. Goes well with a close shave.

Thank you Eric. Love your Granite hat - my Adventurebilt is that same colour (although not the lightweight felt) and it really does go with just about everything I wear.

Alan - Super Knox 20

Robert - I don't recall seeing a Master Built before. Looks to be a good hat.

...I also really enjoy the dimensions of your silverbelly, David. What's the brim width on that VS?

Thanks Jeff. This hat is Art's Sprtaire model. The brim is a shade less than 2 5/8. Hope you are feeling better!

Brando - love the Silverbelly VS. Your new one is going to be special as well.

BJ - very cool!

Che - just too cool, Mate! Great shots and I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Yay - the weekend!! I got started with a Whippet this morning.

smugshot_6871391-L.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Che, Not only do your hats look fantastic, your photos always are well done, and interesting.

David. Beautiful Whippet. One of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart