Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPD166

One Too Many
Thank you for the kind words for my "trimmer" Campdraft!

Here is another “new” change to one of my existing hats – I also had Texas Hatters change the ribbon on my Stetson Whippet to a thin ribbon to match the edge binding. Before the torches and pitchforks come out, it is a modern Whippet that I rarely wore, primarily because the wider ribbon just never seemed right for me. It is good quality, modern hat and believe I will be wearing it more often with the new look - just can't get enough of those thin ribbons!.

New look:
whippet1.jpg

Before the change:
Whippet.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, wow, sharp 7x! You look good with that!

Perry, never heard that brand, but what are names, looks very good!

Al, nice photos and very stylish your up brim, Stetson, you rock these hats!
That Optimo beaver looks like a hat with a narrower brim.
What is is the brim wide on that?

Robert, nice ribbon replacement! looks good!

Tom, that is a nice looking Biltmore!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Javier, that's a beauty!

Robert, I agree-- new ribbon totally makes the hat on that modern Whippet. I've often dreamed of getting a custom western felt bowler, topper, or homburg from Texas Hatters, but will have to live with the cuenca brisa bowler they made for me a few years back.

It is a Coffee and Kahlua kind of morning.

003cb.jpg

Oh-- it's a Beaver Brand 5X "special silver" newly reflanged [again].

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm NOT the yardworkin' type...

...having horrible allergy-induced asthma and all, plus a prior microdiscectomy, BUT more importantly I'm too cheap to hire someone to do it for me (after all, that could be a new hat!).

But I didn't want to push my luck too much further, and decided to take advantage of the rare 50 degree late November afternoon, fill up the last dozen or so leaf bags, and get another mow in before winter...

In a cloud of dust wearing my old, beaten Stetson Nutria Quality.

Know what? This might be one of the best fitting hats I own after my hack job attempt to sew the already cracked sweatband back in securely. I wonder if it would be worth a professional cleaning and new sweatband.

005oki.jpg

018yr.jpg

Sorry for two posts in a row, but I just couldn't stay in the Beaver Brand for this chore. :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Headed out for the evening to a bagpipe lesson with the Pipe Major, went for the casual feel tonite so this is what I broke out for the evening, it's getting down right chilly here at night and I have a bald head !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

Last edited:

lauro13

One of the Regulars
New Borsalino WB Traveller with a slightly trimmed brim. I got a crazy good deal on this thanks to my tiny head. I love the hat but I'm not too sure how I'd feel paying full sticker price considering the quality of it.

B26CEE0E-661F-4902-8BE3-2879FBD477D2-8995-000004B4A0B9DF81.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Good shots, Jeff. What's a "micro" -discectomy? Aren't they all about the size of a half-dollar? :)

Frank, looking quite sharp for the bagpipe lesson.

Edit: I missed a few! Shouts out to Javier and Lauro for pure style.

TPD, I must say, you look like too nice of a person to be on the police force. What gives? Where's the tough guy in you? The squint, the glare, the grimace?

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Nice thin ribbons David, Mr. Dean, and Javier. I almost grabbed an OR too, but opted for the Fed IV again in case of rain.

Perry: That hat is a winner!

Robert: I like the changeup on the modern Whippet. I do think the thin ribbon suits you better, and that particular ribbon is a good match for that felt.

Jeff: I like that Beaver Brand, shame that they went under. That Stetson is a perfect working hat as well.

Frank: another dapper suit and hat combo

Lauro: A modern Borso traveller I take it? Those proportions work well on you.

TPD166

One Too Many
No need to squint, glare, or grimace at my friends! Or maybe 31 years of this stuff (on December 1) has just worn me down? :D

TPD, I must say, you look like too nice of a person to be on the police force. What gives? Where's the tough guy in you? The squint, the glare, the grimace?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
So, Al, team Edward or team Jacob?

Er, um, how about team Volturi? lol Nice pair of lids you sported today.

Al, nice photos and very stylish your up brim, Stetson, you rock these hats!
That Optimo beaver looks like a hat with a narrower brim.
What is is the brim wide on that?

Appreciate your kind words, Manfred! The OPTIMO Beaver Belly has a brim width of 2-1/4" all around, which work well with its moderate crown dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL