Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Holidays 2012/2013: "The Root Of Evil" (PART 3)

While most shoppers were looking for deals the Saturday following Christmas, we made our rounds at area thrift shops to look for film wardrobe. '40s Caxton Beaver Twenty once again.

we found and bought seven vintage overcoats, a vintage ladies' outfit, and a couple pairs of vintage ladies' shoes at this Goodwill, but no hats of merit.

Snow flurries with blue skies and a brilliant sun, accompanied by warmer temps.

On to the next thrift shop.

A pair of very nice vintage ladies' overcoats with I.L.G.W.U. tags. The blue wool example will be used for the big snow scene in a few days time.

Dropping by John's shop later on in the afternoon.

Beautiful violin by Joseph Bassot, Paris, 1773.

Evaluating an exquisite violin bow by Pierre Simon, Paris, ca. 1870.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Visiting my old friend Bob at his Battlefield Store to source some old military ski goggles for our film.

Finally, a little downtime, with an early supper at Himalayan in Minneapolis.

A change of attire, and on to the Ordway to catch "Elf: The Musical". '40s Stetson St. Regis Homburg.

Hungry again after the show, we decided to head over to one of our favorite late night eateries in St. Paul...

Mickey's. Thank goodness for 24-hour diners. This is the Highland Park location which is less crowded, the pace less hurried, and the food not as greasy as their iconic dining car downtown.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Lauro - very cool look with the Christy's

Che - love the photo, nice cap too!

d'guy - great stuff, the Optimo is the finishing touch.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I was out and about with my Eggplant from Black Sheep

smugshot_5615909-L.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Good Morning:cool:

David,
Gorgeous Peek-a-Boo liner for Beauiful Hat.

D-Guy.
Nice Fuzzy Optimo & Fantastic Outfit Head to Toe !

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al,, marvelous crease on your Caxtons Beaver Twenty and you wear my beloved ST. Regis!
Man, he look so good on you. You sweeten, my day. Thank you Al for the fantastic photos.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Delectans
Love the Caxton & St. Regis
But its your pics & presentation thats a real Treat !
Looks like a lot of fun activity !
Oh yes ! The Spiral Stitch !!!!! Killer
Nice B&W shots too

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David that hat it too awesome inside and out!

Seabass you always wear caps so well. I love that background shot too

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Che, Teach, Cattus, Rogera - thanks for the comments guys. Bob at Black Sheep makes some super hats.

Cattus - Bob has a whole bunch of creative liners for his hats, including several variations of the girly one. You can check out his stuff at the black Sheep site.

Alan - did you get the liner you posted in a hat or was someone selling it as a separate item?

Alan - did you get the liner you posted in a hat or was someone selling it as a separate item?

Ebay auction photo from one of ScottF's recent sales of old westerns. A big furry felted non-Stetson. Not mine, but I hope we will see more pictures of it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes